Model requests

Improving the artwork in Warzone2100 - not for mod discussions
wari
Trained
Trained

Re: Model requests

Post by wari »

They don't seem very functional, what are the benefits of putting landing/rearming pads onto a platform like that?
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

wari wrote:They don't seem very functional, what are the benefits of putting landing/rearming pads onto a platform like that?
Functionality? :hmm:
I agree it doesn't seem practical as of our understanding of the present day technology. We could always create a theory to make it seem more practical to the fictional aspect of the game, couldn't we? But apart from the hurdle of conceiving such a theory, it is a good artistic rendition, that's just my opinion though.

What do you think?
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

perhaps a different form of under support could be used - storehouse for the VTOL ammo.... :hmm:
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

lav_coyote25 wrote:perhaps a different form of under support could be used - storehouse for the VTOL ammo.... :hmm:
Ah, Good one. That would make more sense, a storehouse underneath.. Now how would that look? :hmm:

Berg wrote:Quick change artist this is not showing alpha channel so fence is not seethrough.Image
Concept only
I think the fences like this are better thanks for feedback.
Regards Berg
In my opinion, this is more like what Per had requested for.. Does anyone else like this model?
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

looks better . . . now how does it look in game? would be the only way to tell if it works or not. :3
MaNGusT
Art contributor

Post by MaNGusT »

lav_coyote25 wrote:now how does it look in game?
it looks ugly and doesn't fit the game hi-tech style. :wink: especially the texture.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

:annoyed:
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

MaNGusT wrote: lav_coyote25 wrote:now how does it look in game?

it looks ugly and doesn't fit the game hi-tech style. :wink: especially the texture.
Best I don't even bother to put it in Game then.
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

MaNGusT wrote:
It's only a concept model, Berg did say that he was open to suggestions. Why not suggest ways in which it could be improved?
-- Ambrose Bierce
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

j0shdrunk0nwar wrote:It's only a concept model, Berg did say that he was open to suggestions. Why not suggest ways in which it could be improved?
Don't both josh constructive critic are often absent in this forum..I won't tread on the real artists toes any more!
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

Berg wrote:... constructive critic are often absent in this forum..I won't tread on the real artists toes any more!
That may be true Berg, but you shouldn't let negative criticism or comments let you down like that. If Per doesn't like it, then that's fine, you will still be contributing by providing him more options. But you shouldn't quit trying before he says anything, IMHO.
-- Ambrose Bierce
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

lav_coyote25 wrote:perhaps a different form of under support could be used - storehouse for the VTOL ammo.... :hmm:
Berg, lav_coyote25 did make a constructive suggestion, he liked the top platform of the second model, maybe you could work on that?
-- Ambrose Bierce
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

MaNGusT wrote: it looks ugly and doesn't fit the game hi-tech style. :wink: especially the texture.

berg said: Best I don't even bother to put it in Game then.

and i say put it in game. :lecture: i know its not textured to the way it may end up - others dont have the same views i have ... :) next time - ask me directly. and dont quote me the way you did as it seems to me to say that i hated the model. :annoyed: which i did not say. :annoyed:
MaNGusT
Art contributor

Post by MaNGusT »

j0shdrunk0nwar wrote:It's only a concept model, Berg did say that he was open to suggestions. Why not suggest ways in which it could be improved?
Okay... even original textures have fake lights and shadows baked on them, I mean ambient occlusion. :wink: also, Berg's texture is blurry and doesn't have enough details.
As for model, it's too low poly. more "hi-tech" details pls. :ninja:
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

For reference, low polycount is fine by me. ;)