Models by Jorzi (AR)

Improving the artwork in Warzone2100 - not for mod discussions
i-NoD
Code contributor
Code contributor

Re: Models by Jorzi (AR)

Post by i-NoD »

Could be solved with doubled polygons with different facing and tiny displacements in such places, now that vertex are floating points.
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Adding them would be a non-issue, but when I made it I left them out on purpose not to clutter it up too much...
Do you guys think I should add them?
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

Making a model with holes in it should show true what should be behind the hole so if you should see the back of a wall add it I made a transport with a cockpit interior

Your doing nice work add the detail
macuser
Regular
Regular

Post by macuser »

IMHO, such a thing is a small hole in the structure. One would have to be zoomed in 100% and actually looking for it to notice. if it would take time and slow the game down, IMHO don't add it. But still, its up to you.
ArtRev Website

ImageImage

System: AMD Phenom II x4, 4GB RAM, 640GB HD, Nvidia GeForce GT 240 1GB, Mac OS X 10.6
CyclonatorZ
Trained
Trained

Post by CyclonatorZ »

All I know is, the old version of the model had visible interior textures, so if you want to stay as close to the original as possible, then I say add them to the new one, Jorzi. Otherwise, it's not a big deal - I was just curious about it, is all. :wink:
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Ok, well, I realized yesterday when I experimented with these things, that adding a correctly-shaded interior wasn't as trivial as I thought. Part of the problem is the object-space normal mapping I am using. I'll experiment a bit with some different solutions (making it perfectly correct would require more texture space, though) and see if I can get something that looks decent without too much work.
ImageImage
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Added the scavenger hut to my mod. I'm pretty satisfied with the metallic shading on the roof.
Attachments
hut1_ingame.jpg
ImageImage
i-NoD
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by i-NoD »

Jorzi wrote:Added the scavenger hut to my mod. I'm pretty satisfied with the metallic shading on the roof.
You guys do have some secret storage for all this crazy stuff, right?
Can I get a copy of high-poly model/textures for this hut for my evil experiments? :beta:
CyclonatorZ
Trained
Trained

Post by CyclonatorZ »

Amazing as usual, Jorzi. When do you think the next Art Revolution release will come out? :)
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

@I-NoD: Pm me and I can send you the hipoly .blend with textures & stuff
@Cyclonatorz: Not sure, but I'm thinking of getting the halftracks done first. Meanwhile, you can get the latest stuff from our svn :)
ImageImage
CyclonatorZ
Trained
Trained

Post by CyclonatorZ »

Jorzi wrote:@Cyclonatorz: Not sure, but I'm thinking of getting the halftracks done first. Meanwhile, you can get the latest stuff from our svn :)
Yeah, about that.... after looking up what "svn" meant, discovering the whole manual compiling process, following the compile guide on the Warzone wiki as best as I could, and then trying to combine those instructions with a git download, I still have no idea how to get this whole thing working. Of course, the instructions have a big "way out of date" note at the top, so perhaps this isn't entirely my fault. My only question now is: is there anyone on this forum who can either point me to an up-to-date installation guide or is willing to walk me through this? :?
i-NoD
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by i-NoD »

CyclonatorZ wrote:My only question now is: is there anyone on this forum who can either point me to an up-to-date installation guide or is willing to walk me through this? :?
Umm.. installation guide for what exactly? A bit more details please, so I could try and help you. :?:
CyclonatorZ
Trained
Trained

Post by CyclonatorZ »

i-NoD wrote:
CyclonatorZ wrote:My only question now is: is there anyone on this forum who can either point me to an up-to-date installation guide or is willing to walk me through this? :?
Umm.. installation guide for what exactly? A bit more details please, so I could try and help you. :?:
For how to download, compile, and run the latest Art Revolution build: http://artrev2100.svn.sourceforge.net/. I've already tried various things, but the warzone comiple guide is so out of date and I have so little knowledge about svn compiling (read: nada), that I don't know if I'm actually doing anything right. XD
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

CyclonatorZ wrote:but the warzone comiple guide is so out of date
What is out of date? The artrev repo looks like it needs to be assembled into a mod, our compile guide won't help you there.
We want information... information... information.
i-NoD
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by i-NoD »

CyclonatorZ wrote:For how to download, compile, and run the latest Art Revolution build: http://artrev2100.svn.sourceforge.net/.
Lets start with small steps..
You can download ArtRev mod milestone build here .
With milestone build you could install latest wz master build from our frontpage and run exe with --mod=<mod file name> (maybe I'm not right on this detail, read manual for wz).

Btw, you could download entire latest repo in one tarball (use 7zip to open for example) from here http://artrev2100.svn.sourceforge.net/v ... /?view=tar, if you are packing it by yourself. Not recommended.