Models by Jorzi (AR)

Improving the artwork in Warzone2100 - not for mod discussions
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Re: Models by Jorzi (AR)

Post by Jorzi »

I tried to fix the eyes a bit, but the problem is the face geometry...
Attachments
scav1.jpg
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
Emdek
Regular
Regular

Post by Emdek »

What about lighter color (more like green?) for eyes?
Although "alien look" could be also explained by long exposure to radiation. :-D
Nadszedł już czas, najwyższy czas, nienawiść zniszczyć w sobie.
The time has come, the high time, to destroy hatred in oneself.

Beware! Mad Qt Evangelist.
MaNGusT
Art contributor

Post by MaNGusT »

aubergine wrote:Much better, and still in keeping with the original graphics IMHO. Maybe slightly less afro though? Also, any way to make the eyes look a bit less alien?
you will not notice such small details even when zoomed in. :|

btw, Jorzi, how are going to use it in game? will use old animation? we will not see an adequate bone animation in near future for sure, we will not see even an adequate object animation in near future because devs don't do anything to help I-nod but some problems. They were complaining that they have lack of manpower and when someone helps, I see only indifferent or even negative attitude from some of 'em, others are just busy with their own stuff and don't pay attention to it.

P.S. i.e. they don't answer why is the *.frag extension not allowed to upload. Why I-Nod was removed from being able to commit to master? He did something wrong to it? I call this - negative attitude. :annoyed:
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

I guess I'll use old animation, as long as "levels" still work the same in .wzm (they're called "meshes" now, right?)
About the .frag extension, I think it's simply because no one has thought of adding it to the list of allowed extensions.
About attitudes, I don't know enough about that to be able to say anything.
ImageImage
MaNGusT
Art contributor

Post by MaNGusT »

Jorzi wrote:I guess I'll use old animation, as long as "levels" still work the same in .wzm (they're called "meshes" now, right?)
No models that use any type(ani or texture) of wz's animation can be wzm. only pie3.. to use wzm it requires a lot rework of wz code that we will not see.
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

I was afraid you would say that...
In that case there simply will not be any animation :/
ImageImage
i-NoD
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by i-NoD »

Jorzi wrote:What is also interesting is that there are unused textures for a scav hangglider unit, as well as an unused texpage where the scavs actually wear kevlar vests
I do recall that those kevlar guys are in-game actually, there is a texture change when you start a full-scale war against new paradigm. After this moment those scavengers are in kevlar suits...
But maybe I'm just dreaming... XD

Here is the actual switch file, mission 1C.
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

I never noticed that :P Probably because they die from one shot anyway (I'm afraid kevlar never worked very well against heavy mg:s)
ImageImage
Emdek
Regular
Regular

Post by Emdek »

Nor do I, maybe because of that view where they look more like moving dots (I want official driver mode). ;-)
Nadszedł już czas, najwyższy czas, nienawiść zniszczyć w sobie.
The time has come, the high time, to destroy hatred in oneself.

Beware! Mad Qt Evangelist.
zany
Trained
Trained

Post by zany »

MaNGusT wrote:
aubergine wrote:Much better, and still in keeping with the original graphics IMHO. Maybe slightly less afro though? Also, any way to make the eyes look a bit less alien?
you will not notice such small details even when zoomed in. :|

btw, Jorzi, how are going to use it in game? will use old animation? we will not see an adequate bone animation in near future for sure, we will not see even an adequate object animation in near future because devs don't do anything to help I-nod but some problems. They were complaining that they have lack of manpower and when someone helps, I see only indifferent or even negative attitude from some of 'em, others are just busy with their own stuff and don't pay attention to it.

P.S. i.e. they don't answer why is the *.frag extension not allowed to upload. Why I-Nod was removed from being able to commit to master? He did something wrong to it? I call this - negative attitude. :annoyed:
O_o which of the devs do you speak of? I didn't see any posts about i-nod & devs?
MaNGusT
Art contributor

Post by MaNGusT »

zany wrote: O_o which of the devs do you speak of? I didn't see any posts about i-nod & devs?
and will never see.
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

MaNGusT wrote:P.S. i.e. they don't answer why is the *.frag extension not allowed to upload.
It is now. Don't remember any complaint that it isn't/request to enable it before this.
Why I-Nod was removed from being able to commit to master?
Because he asked to, as far as I know.
We want information... information... information.
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

@cybersphinx: thanks, could you allow .vert too, while you're at it?
ImageImage
CyclonatorZ
Trained
Trained

Post by CyclonatorZ »

Jorzi wrote:I was afraid you would say that...
In that case there simply will not be any animation :/
I guess that means no improved cyborgs with animation, either? Well, in that case, I'm not sure what's the point in bothering with them or the scavengers, especially when there's about a zillion other models that have yet to recieve the AR touch. :?
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Yeah, one can always hope that someone has made a decent animation system before we finish all the other stuff. Even a working one-model-per-frame system (like the one already present) supporting WZM files would do. The reason I want wzm files is tangent space normal maps.

The only way to do normalmapped animated characters right now is posing them, baking a separate (object space) normalmap for each pose, joining normalmaps for each pose into a single texpage and exporting each pose to wmit. That will produce quite a big texture map and we've already hit the texpage limit once
ImageImage