Post by Zarel »

Wow, that's looking great!
Safety0ff
Trained
Trained

Re: Structure Improvement

Post by Safety0ff »

Kudos on the models!
I really like the improved base plates, and I wonder how they would look in trunk (with it's improved terrain graphics.)

I think the biggest question is which changes produce noticeable difference in-game; maybe when you're satisfied with the models/textures you could make a mod for comparison ?

Obviously the cyborg factory changes will be noticeable, I look forward to seeing it in action!
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

Safety0ff wrote: Obviously the cyborg factory changes will be noticeable, I look forward to seeing it in action!
I think that one of my greatest wishes right now is that the development team embraces those excellent models and is able to find a solution to the limitations of the game as we know it.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Olrox wrote:I think that one of my greatest wishes right now is that the development team embraces those excellent models and is able to find a solution to the limitations of the game as we know it.
I think we need to wait until they're finished, first. ;)

Believe me, these have a pretty good chance of being committed immediately after being finished. I even offered to commit the baseplates immediately, but we don't have PNGs of them yet.
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

Zarel wrote:
Olrox wrote:I think that one of my greatest wishes right now is that the development team embraces those excellent models and is able to find a solution to the limitations of the game as we know it.
I think we need to wait until they're finished, first. ;)

Believe me, these have a pretty good chance of being committed immediately after being finished. I even offered to commit the baseplates immediately, but we don't have PNGs of them yet.
I meant a long-term wish :ninja:
BulletMagnet
Trained
Trained

Post by BulletMagnet »

holy hell; the stuff in this thread is fantastic.

now, if i were to take my personal pick, i'd take this one because it's most reminiscent of the original factory (though i don't know how/if WZ2100 supports alpha/transparency).
Colditz
Trained
Trained

Post by Colditz »

BulletMagnet wrote: i don't know how/if WZ2100 supports alpha/transparency).
If you take a look at the in game oil derrick you will see that alpha channel within *.png files are supported and can be displayed 2 sided, this shouldn't be the problem. The only problem is that the shadow will cast no details through it, because the box is a solid geometry and the details are given by the texture. That's the same problem with the guard towers, sensor tower and every mesh who's using a texture with *.png alpha channel.

Some WIP's:
Attachments
Research Facility
Research Facility
Power Generator
Power Generator
Command Center
Command Center
ImageImage

Software: Autodesk Entertainment Creation Suite 2011 / Adobe Photoshop CS2
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

Warzone supports alpha channel.
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

I don't see why a silo would possibly have such a "frame", and personally think that the best-fitting example of what I think they were trying to represent in the texture details over the rectangular box is this:
Purely coincidently, searching on the source of the picture, I've found out that it is a silo for stocking ptroleum derivates such as asphalt.
Of course, this one has no metal plating (which I bet that those grid patterns are), but the lower details fit the elevated structure on the picture.

I defend the fact that there would be no motive to have a metal frame around the silo (and that it is a silo, of course), but if anyone can find one, please tell us :D
yamar
Trained
Trained

Post by yamar »

WOW! those are amazing models!if the new units are implemented, and these are too, I might just be zoomed in quite a bit more than now! I think we need a new tag, so there would be artist and modeler, because some people like you do crazy awesome models!

Cheers, Yamar
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Modelers are artists, too. ;)
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

yamar wrote:WOW! those are amazing models!if the new units are implemented, and these are too, I might just be zoomed in quite a bit more than now! I think we need a new tag, so there would be artist and modeler, because some people like you do crazy awesome models!

Cheers, Yamar
Maybe a group of unnofficial artists, but that would be hardly any good. :rolleyes:

I'm ashamed to say that I'll only be able to make some textures for the cyborg factory tomorrow or, in the worst case, only friday... I'm exhausted today, was the whole day out (unexpectedly) :stressed:

But I'm still willing to make it, really :)
MaNGusT
Art contributor

Post by MaNGusT »

look at polycount on the last picture download/file.php?id=5419&mode=view
then increase this quantity on 2 and you'll receive quantity of faces(triangles).
It looks awesome but only as a static image... :(

P.S. Colditz, warzone does not support the smoothing groups. Your screenshots aren't fair. Also, warzone doesn't support multi/sub-object materials.
Last edited by MaNGusT on 04 Feb 2010, 17:41, edited 1 time in total.
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

If you could post some of the models here, I could have a shot at converting them and seeing how they will perform in the game.
Colditz
Trained
Trained

Post by Colditz »

All RED meshes are the high polygon meshes which I use for normal mapping. Those are NO ingame meshes. All ingame base plates consists of 2 triangles, every ingame structure has not more than 512 triangles.
P.S. Colditz, warzone does not support the smoothing groups. Your screenshots aren't fair. Also, it doesn't support multi/sub-object materials.
My ingame meshes have smoothing groups indeed, otherwise normal mapping is not possible with smooth results. If those things, including normal mapping and specular mapping are not supported, we can forget everything I've done so far, except some better meshes with new diffuse textures.
ImageImage

Software: Autodesk Entertainment Creation Suite 2011 / Adobe Photoshop CS2