Models by MaNGusT (AR)

Improving the artwork in Warzone2100 - not for mod discussions
Olrox
Art contributor

Re: models by MaNGusT

Post by Olrox »

winsrp wrote:now that you are making models, you could prepare the heavy ones to have 2 turrets, killing 2 birds with 1 rock...

since they have 1 weapon in front and a second on the back, maybe a escalated look would be the best i guess.
hmm
I don't think that we are going to add new features to the game in AR, just graphical improvements.
If someone is willnig to make something like that in a mod and wants models/textures, I can help, but it won't be includade into AR.
winsrp
Trained
Trained

Post by winsrp »

actually to activate 2 weapons in the game, you just need to change some values from 1 to 2.. and thats it, you have 2 weapons on a body... check my balance mod, it has 2 weapons active... on heavy bodies
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Don't put two weapon mounts on a heavy body. It'd be unbalanced. Make a new type of body with two mounts. Maybe it could work on Dragon - that might be more balanced.
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

Ok, but by modifying tis value from 1 to 2, it already affects balance, and our mod is intended for graphical improvement. This way, anyone can use AR with their preferred (or even personal) balance modifications.

We are going to make what's already in the stable releases, without touching balance. In future expansions to the mod, however, we could start to think about adding things.

But we aren't even fully considering things that are already in the trunk - We are just guessing the features that will stay and get to the future stable releases - such as dynamic teamcoloring, with masks instead of textures with individual palettes.

However, let's keep balance out of this topic, as it doesn't have anything to do with it (other than performance/quality balance, lol)
guciomir
Trained
Trained

Post by guciomir »

The mod is bugged :(

I have Linux (slackware13), ATI 2600 and the trunk installed. New renderer works great, but when I use AR mod, all the textures dissaper. They are white. I can see only buildings and units.
Blakeanator
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Blakeanator »

May I asked where can I download this and how do I get it in my warzone?

Thanks,
Blake

(Im on a mac os x 10.6.1)
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

guciomir wrote:The mod is bugged :(

I have Linux (slackware13), ATI 2600 and the trunk installed. New renderer works great, but when I use AR mod, all the textures dissaper. They are white. I can see only buildings and units.
Probably it's because you're using the trunk verison - I'm afraid you have to use version 2.2.4 for it to work properly.
Blakeanator wrote:May I asked where can I download this and how do I get it in my warzone?
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3677&start=135#p38718

The second question is a frequently asked one - therefore, surprise, it's on the Frequently Asked Questions section. ;)
http://wz2100.net/faq#HowdoIinstallamod

Additionally, the stderr.txt file you've been looking for to solve that savegame problem should probably be on this folder:
~/Library/Application Support/Warzone 2100 2.2/
guciomir
Trained
Trained

Post by guciomir »

:(
just to make sure that everyone understands me: new renderer without mod works great, but with AR installed the textures dissapear

great work anyway! I love new tank bodies!
Blakeanator
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Blakeanator »

Thanks!
(Although the FAQ is confusing me because there is no .../mods/global/)
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

guciomir wrote::(
just to make sure that everyone understands me: new renderer without mod works great, but with AR installed the textures dissapear

great work anyway! I love new tank bodies!
The textures disappear if I try to run the trunk version with anything, that's an issue with my (crappy) computer. I know that this isn't the problem you've goty, sure. It is possibly a file naming issue.

However, to get any conclusive information, you and me have to rely on Mangust, because I don't handle the AR files.
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mysteryem »

I think it could be to do with the fact that the wrf files in the mod don't include the terrain texpages. Quite a few 2.x mods won't work properly in trunk because of its differences, you would need to release a seperate trunk version of the mod to work with it.
"...If pure awesomeness were bricks, this would be the Great Wall of China...
The glory of this has collapsed on its self so far, that even the neutrons have collapsed."
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

Mysteryem wrote:I think it could be to do with the fact that the wrf files in the mod don't include the terrain texpages. Quite a few 2.x mods won't work properly in trunk because of its differences, you would need to release a seperate trunk version of the mod to work with it.
If that's the case, then it's up to Mangust to decide if it's worth making and mantaining updated, a separate version for use with the trunk.
guciomir
Trained
Trained

Post by guciomir »

Sooner or later new renderer will replace current version of warzone.
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

guciomir wrote:Sooner or later new renderer will replace current version of warzone.
Sure, if it's stable enough and good enough, most of the features from the trunk reach standard releases sooner or later. The fact is that while it's not the standard, we'll have to either make mod files for both versions, or preferrably, make the file compatible with the most recent standard release (in this case, 2.2.4). I, for one, would make it for both versions (2.2.4 and trunk), but it depends on Mangust's will.
ninjatoast
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ninjatoast »

Blakeanator wrote:Thanks!
(Although the FAQ is confusing me because there is no .../mods/global/)
You're looking in 'documents', You're meant to be looking in program files.
I'm going to be trying out mapping and modeling soon.