Just another Scavenger art

Improving the artwork in Warzone2100 - not for mod discussions
i-NoD
Code contributor
Code contributor

Re: Just another Scavenger art

Post by i-NoD »

you can see the updated wiki page here = http://developer.wz2100.net/wiki/Mods/ScavArt (lav_coyote25 updated.) xD

Zarel wrote:The black looks a bit too dark. Can you use a brownish color instead?And the tires could use being a bit darker.
Will fix that later today...
Zarel wrote:It's giving me a bit of a "cardboard" look. Almost as if it were paper folded in the shape of a Jeep, rather than an actual Jeep. I dunno how one would fix that. :/
Hmm.. i guess there are two possible ways to remove that feeling:
1. add more not-so-noticable details to the model itself, in cost of lower game fps
2. implement something (i though about bump mapping) from "GFX Improvment" thread, but I guess that no one is working in that direction
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

i-NoD wrote:Hmm.. i guess there are two possible ways to remove that feeling:
1. add more not-so-noticable details to the model itself, in cost of lower game fps
2. implement something (i though about bump mapping) from "GFX Improvment" thread, but I guess that no one is working in that direction
I dunno, you can do more texture stuff?
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

I still prefer the original yellow, and the model still looks very fragile, almost like a paper model. The solution is probably to use less polygons, not more, though. Adding tons of details to such a small unit will not make things a whole lot better. Might be better to fake geometry with textures than to make it explicit through modelling.
i-NoD
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by i-NoD »

Zarel wrote:Why isn't it a global mod?
Simply because the supplied wrf files are campaign ones and the game would crash if someone will start a skirmish or mp game while using this mod as global or mp.
new paradigm leader
Trained
Trained

Post by new paradigm leader »

any new vehicles?
Return to your designated zone or be destroyed. You are in contravention of the new paradigm.
i-NoD
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by i-NoD »

new paradigm leader wrote:any new vehicles?
have too little time and when i have some i'm constantly finding myself in code modifications instead of modeling :P
but here - take a look
wz2100_shot_028.png
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

i-NoD wrote: have too little time and when i have some i'm constantly finding myself in code modifications instead of modeling :P
but here - take a look
Hmmm.... I can understand that process. O_O

They're looking so much improved over the stock Pumpkin art. Wheel articulation night and day better - you can even make out the front-end axle, a real nice touch. I like what you've done with the pick-up truck too which I hadn't seen before. For some quirky reason I just flashed on Scavs making MONSTER trucks like "Big Foot" or the "Grave Digger"... but what heck, why not. Heavy equipment and ATVs too, for that matter.. The possibilities are endless really.

Regards, whip :D

Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

I dunno. They're more detailed, but it still seems they're missing something...
i-NoD
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by i-NoD »

whippersnapper wrote:For some quirky reason I just flashed on Scavs making MONSTER trucks like "Big Foot" or the "Grave Digger"... but what heck, why not. Heavy equipment and ATVs too, for that matter.. The possibilities are endless really.
Epic Scav units? :D
:...: Now I do know how CnC3 got that MARVester monster... :...:
Zarel wrote:I dunno. They're more detailed, but it still seems they're missing something...
Fine for my purposes ;)
I guess you need to check this page http://www.turbosquid.com/Search/3D-Mod ... itary/Jeep for pro-models...
Thyranim
Trained
Trained

Post by Thyranim »

many jeeps without any weapons?
shoudl say stay in way to get crushed by tank overrun them ?
i-NoD
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by i-NoD »

Thyranim wrote:many jeeps without any weapons?
shoudl say stay in way to get crushed by tank overrun them ?
Yep, there's only the base element for now... kinda scav propulsions. Weapons will be added separately... allowing a various scav designs.
elio
Regular
Regular

Post by elio »

cool stuff man!

are you going to release them any time soon? :P i would be happy if you give out your 'source' files too (e.g. 3dsmax, cinema4d, blender, etc.. i would like put it on warzone2100/originals in the subversion repository for the future

regards
elio
devastator
Trained
Trained

Post by devastator »

Yeah,nice.Terrorist WZ race xD
i-NoD
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by i-NoD »

elio wrote:cool stuff man!

are you going to release them any time soon? :P i would be happy if you give out your 'source' files too (e.g. 3dsmax, cinema4d, blender, etc.. i would like put it on warzone2100/originals in the subversion repository for the future

regards
elio
Thanks elio, :D

The thing is that there are no 'source' for my jeep-mod, beside the files that are already in that topic... I've created all that stuff using good ol' PIESlicerDX plus Notepad and Paint.Net - so they fit wz right now.
I do like all the work that you've created and posted, but that repository(and other whishlists) thing have some negative colors for me - sounds like 'you'll never see it in wz' :|
By looking into #359 I guessed that you found it by yourself ;)

Edit: Hey whippersnapper, just thought to add your good phrase about imagination xD
Crushy
Trained
Trained

Post by Crushy »

Zarel wrote:I dunno. They're more detailed, but it still seems they're missing something...
Bumpers!

No really, you're not supposed to see the front wheel axis that easily.

I especially loved the "covered" variety of the jeep, it looks almost perfect :)
Current status: Sick and Learning to model in blender. Failing at both.