Mech Prototypes WIP

Improving the artwork in Warzone2100 - not for mod discussions
astorian
Trained
Trained

Re: Mech Prototypes WIP

Post by astorian »

Hi XANAX,
Cool stuff man! You can use also the axial rotation in the ani file to make the legs follow a sort of axial moving path.
The second scaling function is a bit weird. Scaling is linked to the to the center point, but the ani file allows you to scale on x z and z.
XANAX wrote:New torso has not been add to the zip
working on weapons
Just a tip: (even i think you know that already) You can add up to 3 weapon connectors. Just copy the CONNECTOR_1 object and rename to CONNECTOR_2 and place it where you like it. Don't forget to rotate them if they are on the top or bottom - the alternative is creating a different pie with the rotated mesh.

Best Regards,
Astorian
new paradigm leader
Trained
Trained

Post by new paradigm leader »

ok it seems we have a revolution in technology for wz but tell me how will the walker compare to other types of attack?
Return to your designated zone or be destroyed. You are in contravention of the new paradigm.
XANAX
Trained
Trained

Post by XANAX »

astorian wrote:Hi XANAX,
Cool stuff man! You can use also the axial rotation in the ani file to make the legs follow a sort of axial moving path.
The second scaling function is a bit weird. Scaling is linked to the to the center point, but the ani file allows you to scale on x z and z.

Just a tip: (even i think you know that already) You can add up to 3 weapon connectors. Just copy the CONNECTOR_1 object and rename to CONNECTOR_2 and place it where you like it. Don't forget to rotate them if they are on the top or bottom - the alternative is creating a different pie with the rotated mesh.

Best Regards,
Astorian
thanks for tips I'll try them out sometime
XANAX
Trained
Trained

Post by XANAX »

wari
Trained
Trained

Post by wari »

Holy.......
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

Utterly formidable and thoroughly provocative. Top tier work.

I MUST thoroughly explore what you have created. :D

BTW.... you may come across this pure bunk comment:
As we all know, the concept of legged propulsion has been suggested, modded, and just done to death in Warzone 2100.
Unadulterated BS.

Just so you know what is true and factual -

In the last 10 years only one other person has done actual work along these lines but he never finished or released it and that was 6 years ago. Other than that NO one has done any serious released actual work like what you're doing.

"....done to death in Warzone 2100." Ye gods what people will spout as "fact-truth".. so damn annoying I'm really trying to avoid reading most of the stuff posted.

Turns out I have had to work this whole weekend instead of having a 3 day holiday like I thought earlier in the week. But after work today and before I go to work tomorrow I will be digging into all your new Mech creations. It is so compelling, even if I have to give-up a few hours of sleep to explore. Really. :D

Regards, whip :ninja:
XANAX
Trained
Trained

Post by XANAX »

thanks whip xD
I've been thinking of concepts for the medium
mostly artilleries & other weapons
i-NoD
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by i-NoD »

:stare: O_O xD
And I just thought that I'll will sleep well tonight... but nooo... needda to play with the new gooodies!!!
They NEED to be blown by pieces... :twisted: like in mechwarrior... xD
XANAX
Trained
Trained

Post by XANAX »

i-NoD wrote::stare: O_O xD
And I just thought that I'll will sleep well tonight... but nooo... needda to play with the new gooodies!!!
They NEED to be blown by pieces... :twisted: like in mechwarrior... xD
haven't work on that stats so there the same hp and attack armor as cyborg
i-NoD
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by i-NoD »

hmm... Heavy Mechs mod is crashing instantly if you're to open a cyborg production screen... i've traced the problem to the 'cy_flame.pie' file. Don't know what is wrong with the flame gun model, but if I remove it then all plays ok. Btw, nice textures for Project bodies ;)
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

Those are really awesome.O_O

Where would they fit in the game? Are they meant as a replacement for the super cyborgs? They look very different from the usual Project weaponry, so perhaps this is the beginnings of a new faction...?
XANAX
Trained
Trained

Post by XANAX »

Per wrote:Those are really awesome.O_O

Where would they fit in the game? Are they meant as a replacement for the super cyborgs? They look very different from the usual Project weaponry, so perhaps this is the beginnings of a new faction...?
no it is just a preview for now
whippersnapper has to work on the coding for his "War School" - A Map / Mod W.I.P.
to put it in.. he has a lot to do ya' know ;)
i-NoD
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by i-NoD »

I need to finish my work in #824 and port it back to 2.2, so that rail effects will be activated at last (such a pity that they weren't working in WZ 1.X because of the bugs). Plus multiple flashes will be a lovely detail for such a astonishing work.
XANAX
Trained
Trained

Post by XANAX »

i-NoD wrote:I need to finish my work in #824 and port it back to 2.2, so that rail effects will be activated at last (such a pity that they weren't working in WZ 1.X because of the bugs). Plus multiple flashes will be a lovely detail for such a astonishing work.
thanks i-NoD
XANAX
Trained
Trained

Post by XANAX »

captains log supplemental:
I've decided to make NP have insect like multi-legged mechs
giving them the advantage of scaling cliffs with all mech weight classes
noting: only NP light mech will have jump jets I'll call it the "flea jumper"

Collective not sure maybe cat like mechs
all four legged

Nexus giant humanoid mechs
heavy & super heavy with Nexus's face on it
light is the super cyborg but has been supped up to take more of a betting

Note: all mechs can't turn the torso 360* only 90* left and right

Code: Select all

Example:     
(target)    90* <<<_[/torso\]_>>>90*   (target)

(target)91+x* must turn legs (x)* 
noting: deciding on a mech chaos effect
mech chaos effect:
would lower speed, accuracy, all around effectiveness in combat when a mech is present "a fear factor" if you will

greatest chaos effect from greatest to least

1. Nexus + the fact of assimilation is the most powerful :twisted:
nexus bonuses:
a. assimilator turret "nexus link turret" is available earlier for mech attachment
b. All units get a melee ability The Chain Fist my version of the "chainsaw" as seen in Ultimate Warfare V2.0 for 2.1.x
c. super heavy is faster then collectives slower than NP's
d. has the most kinetic armor and the least thermal
e. heavy, super heavy can step on heavy-light body and lower tanks & cyborgs plus light mechs

2. Project ;)
Project bonuses:
a. light, medium have jump jets
b. super heavy/assault mech can scale low/small cliffs and can shoot 360* because of torso is fixed so 360* turret is added even in-direct fire weapons can rotate on the stable platform
c. has the longest sensor/weapons range, even the flame turret can shoot farther
d. balanced the kinetic & thermal armor ratio has more than collective
e. heavy, super heavy same as nexus

3. Collective O_O
Collective bonuses:
a. has "ecm" lowers enemy's sensor/weapons range
b. super heavy/assault mech same as projects, but slowest
c. likes turtling/camping with in-direct fire weapons
d. balanced the kinetic & thermal armor ratio but is has less then Projects
e. heavy, super heavy same as nexus but light & medium mech has a ability to jump on (causes damage) or over vehicles (higher evasion)

4. New Paradigm :ninja:
New Paradigm bonuses:
a. all mechs can scale cliffs with all mech weight classes
b. all mechs can shoot 360* because of torso is fixed so 360* turret is added even in-direct fire weapons can rotate on the stable platform
c. likes hit and run tactics, all NP mechs have the fastest speed of their weight class; only NP light mech will have jump jets I'll call it the "flea jumper"
d. has the most thermal armor and the least kinetic
e. all mech weight classes has a ability to jump on (causes damage) or over vehicles (higher evasion)

5. Scavengers
a. only has "Power Armor" the equivalent is the cyborg but is slower and less responsive
b. & the "Scrap Mech" using components from the Power Armor & junk from the landscape, creating a walking "Scrap" platform (great for ambushes because it look like a wreck)

btw
Attention, warning, & etc.
I'll be very skippy on my constant model making because
the day I dread,
is finally here
high school,
senior year :gonk:

they block this website it's a shame
just because it's about a game :scream: