Modeling Request - i do it!

Improving the artwork in Warzone2100 - not for mod discussions
astorian
Trained
Trained

Re: Modeling Request - i do it!

Post by astorian »

Tenoh wrote:Damn, bloody thing isnt showing the primitive pic i made lol.I'll try to say with words.Ok this chopper propulsion connects to the body in the upper turret slot area,there you would place a small engine housing and from there you make choppers tail.
You can also add small wings from the upper engine section that lead away and down at some angle,lets say 45 degrees.I would add slots for light weapons under the wings like the minipods would be perfect and a small MG at the usual VTOL weapon slot.Well a heavy body would make an awesome gun ship with 3 light weapons as for light bodies one weapons slot should be enough.
Sorry if i am letting this get to my head lol,just think allot of ppl would love this.

edit: as for tanks.. make dragon a bit longer,raise midle section a bit for main turret.In 4 corners around it put 4 light weapon slots.Now thats a heavy tank for ya, just like that 5 turret soviet tank lol.
Hello, sounds like an interesting idea. Even so, the propulsion does not have connectors for weapons, body does. There is one possibility to create additional weapon connectors, but bodies are only allowed 3 including the primary and secondary ground turrets.
This should be really good thought threw if its possible, before its modeled.
Best Regards,
Astorian
Tenoh
Trained
Trained

Post by Tenoh »

Image Ok, here is the simple image of what i was thinking.ygly i know lol but you get the idea.
"No, you don't want to buy this Sh[beep]t from me. It shoots sideways, it was built by retard zombies in some f[beep]king outreach program." HL:G
winsrp
Trained
Trained

Post by winsrp »

well that chopper thing is a cool idea, its like the vtols, they have the weapon down, and the wings to the sides, on this thing you will only have a bigger thing that must be fit for large and small bodies, where you add tail, wings, and rotor on top... nice idea.
elio
Regular
Regular

Post by elio »

astorian wrote: Hello Elio, do you mean we should concentrate on building multi-weapon bodies generaly for WZ? Or do you mean something else? Sorry, eng is not my primary lang. and sometimes my brain is not compatible enough :)
sorry for my late answer

i do not fully understand your question but
if they fit, they'll be added to the game :)

regards
elio
astorian
Trained
Trained

Post by astorian »

Hello all,
Sorry for not reply for some time, my home pc is broken. I buy a new motherboard next moth.
I am using a borrowed Notebook in the mean time.
Hi elio,
elio wrote:may i point toward that we need bodies at which you can attach multiple weapons
I did not understand it at first since, but i get it now. I am willing to contribute to the new bodies - after my pc is working again :|
People would be needed to make simple concept drawings of the entire body line and someone would have to supervise the models and make derisions about what to change before they are accepted final. And it would be someone like you inside WZ development. Sorry coders, but the art decisions have to be done by artists.

Best Regards,
Astorian
elio
Regular
Regular

Post by elio »

of course

i don't have any concept drawings but i'm sure others have quite good ideas now, post'em..

regards
elio
astorian
Trained
Trained

Post by astorian »

elio wrote:of course

i don't have any concept drawings but i'm sure others have quite good ideas now, post'em..

regards
elio
You are right, but there must be something like conceptual design for all bodies. Even just for accepting a solution on paper or in 2D. If people start randomly posting models there is high possibility that they wont fit together as from one line - not that individually the models are not cool.

Regards,
Astorian
astorian
Trained
Trained

Post by astorian »

Hello to all,
I replaced my mainboard so i am operational again! I am working on animations in blender now. The result - http://www.redmod.sk/inc/004.avi
Tenoh wrote:Image Ok, here is the simple image of what i was thinking.ygly i know lol but you get the idea.
This is quite an interesting idea, and i would like to work on it. The only one problem is, that it would need to be animated to look ok. The only way to animate it is to replace a cyborg unit. :(

To winsrp: I am sorry, but i will not be able to do the dark regin models for you. I simply don't have the time.

To all: I posted the research building (my final version) here viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3942
All issues have been fixed.

Best redards,
Astorian
Tenoh
Trained
Trained

Post by Tenoh »

then remove the cyborgs, they are ugly anyway :p
"No, you don't want to buy this Sh[beep]t from me. It shoots sideways, it was built by retard zombies in some f[beep]king outreach program." HL:G
Roux Le Corps
Regular
Regular

Post by Roux Le Corps »

NO! don't remove cyborgs! add script!! haha ~evil~
astorian
Trained
Trained

Post by astorian »

I was not on this forum for quite some time now. I see that lots of work has been done on all aspects of the game. :)
I am working on different projects now and started to learn to make my own (primitive for now) textures.
Example: http://www.redmod.sk/shippics/preview33.jpg
Maybe i can come back later when i have more experience with texturing and contribute to this great project again.
If in the time there is still something to do for me here. :lol2:
Best Regards,
Astorian
Roux Le Corps
Regular
Regular

Post by Roux Le Corps »

looks very nice astorian, would be good to see your skills here in the project ^_^
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Quite nice design :) It's UV-mapped, right?
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
astorian
Trained
Trained

Post by astorian »

Roux Le Corps wrote:looks very nice astorian, would be good to see your skills here in the project ^_^
Thank you Roux Le Corps, but its just a texture for testing. I would like to contribute, but my texturing skill has to improve.
Jorzi wrote:Quite nice design :) It's UV-mapped, right?
Thank you Jorzi. Yes its UV-mapped.

I did the ship model for ODF (Open Descent Foundation)-its an open source project. So if you want it, just download it.
As i said, when my texturing skill has improved, i would like to contribute to this cool project also.
Best Regards,
Astorian
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

If you feel inspired, I have a few UV-mapped models ready for texturing, complete with premade light- and normal maps.
They can be downloaded here http://sourceforge.net/projects/artrev2100/files/
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-