Attachments
New Factory Model version 1.3.3
New Factory Model version 1.3.3
MetalBeast
Trained
Trained

Re: NEW STRUCTURE MODELS

Post by MetalBeast »

This looks good, but I'm afraid, that the newbies do not notice the the difference between level 2 and 3.
Especially, if you are using far zoom and have many buildings already in the base.
I do not know, if you understand, what I mean, but see, there is a big difference between level 1 and 2, but rather small between 2 and 3.
You alwyas should try to see the things through a newbie eyes. ;)
The level-changes should have a kind of very easy logic :D
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

but... F3 is stripy (and have F3 wrote on it, also)...
And if I change it too much, it wil loose the "module" context
But will try to think on something
MetalBeast
Trained
Trained

Post by MetalBeast »

What I mean with "simple logic" is something like this:
Attachments
factory.jpg
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

there's different chimney counts also, apart from different stripes. If you'd like bigger chimneys, that's as simple as scaling the current ones, but they would be closer one to another.
MetalBeast
Trained
Trained

Post by MetalBeast »

Olrox wrote:there's different chimney counts also, apart from different stripes. If you'd like bigger chimneys, that's as simple as scaling the current ones, but they would be closer one to another.
Hehe, the size does not matter in this, case ;)
It was just quick and dirty, few minutes modelling :D

What I try to show is, the difference between the 3 levels,
it should be visible at "first look" and should follow a "simple logic"
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

This is the maximum level of detail I'll reach, not to raise the poly count too much. Could Re-scale things though.
Attachments
New Factory Model 1.3.4
New Factory Model 1.3.4
MetalBeast
Trained
Trained

Post by MetalBeast »

Yes that's it!,
looks great!
Tiuz
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Tiuz »

I like your cool, distinct style a lot. :D
It would be a great improvement of warzone to update all game elements with high polygoned models like this. Additional high definition textures for all this stuff are required. Unfortunatly i think this requires a lot of work.

I hope you will join the development team, so later versions of wz benefit by your designs.

Tiuz.
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

I'm delighted to see my work is appreciated, and that ensures it will continue. Or at least I hope :D
Ok, I'll make the textures later, on summer vacation, anyway, so I'll start a new model for the research facility. Gonna make it look more like a high-tec building full of offices, instead of the 1-floor bulding it looks right now. :rolleyes: .

What do you think?
MetalBeast
Trained
Trained

Post by MetalBeast »

Olrox wrote:I'm delighted to see my work is appreciated, and that ensures it will continue. Or at least I hope :D
Ok, I'll make the textures later, on summer vacation, anyway, so I'll start a new model for the research facility. Gonna make it look more like a high-tec building full of offices, instead of the 1-floor bulding it looks right now. :rolleyes: .

What do you think?
Yes, it the research facility should look something like this:
Attachments
P4130273.JPG
Deus Siddis
Trained
Trained

Post by Deus Siddis »

Per wrote:because in the future we will tessellate the models and remove support for non-triangle polygons anyway.
What would be the advantage in taking a step backwards like that?
MetalBeast
Trained
Trained

Post by MetalBeast »

Deus Siddis wrote:
Per wrote:because in the future we will tessellate the models and remove support for non-triangle polygons anyway.
What would be the advantage in taking a step backwards like that?
Why step back?, using non triangle polygons is old technique. Actually ALL new Graphics cards need the meshes broken into triangles.
So using nontriangle polygons makes no sense, because in der graphic-driver they will be broken into triangles anyway.
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

Ok guys, don't off-topic too much please. I guess MetalBeast suggested the answer already, why not ask the dev-team? The answer would be more satisfying, I'm sure.
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

Well, finished version 1.1 for the new Research Facility, mantaining the style used before, so the base should look like it was designed according to one (current structure models don't make sense between themselves in style, and I think that's not desirable). The modules are very evident, I've made that seeing it's a common point of interest, and added team-colored stripes. The tower with the antenna, from the module, will have windows at every wall, just like the other parts with windows from the roof to the ground.
Anyone knows if it's possible to make a spawn point for flares, like the ones from the LZs from campaign, but in buildings? Because if there is, it will be added to the top of the mentioned antenna. If not, will make something like the current command relay post.
What does the community think?
:rolleyes:
Post your major wishes for this strucutre now, because the model develops into narrower objectives every version, and the final state would be modified only by textures.

P.S.: And... they... HAVE A TREE!!!! xD
Attachments
New Research Facility Model version 1.1
New Research Facility Model version 1.1