HD TEXTURES [I'm Back]

Improving the artwork in Warzone2100 - not for mod discussions
VinYGomeZ
Greenhorn

Re: HD TEXTURES [I'm Back]

Post by VinYGomeZ »

there we go again... Another textures files edited, now i have edited all building bases available in game, so, i will put one texture file here and a compressed folder with all "building bases files" to test in the game. I have started to edit the last file relative to the buildings, the "laboratories" textures file, it's been a hard job because the file have too many texture maps and some of them are too small and have really minimum details on them, so, will be hard but is not impossible. And i'm sorry for take so long time to make the mod, i am having too much thing to do of my university, i am using all time i have, again sorry for my english.

Factories Base arizona:
page-9-player-buildings-bases.png
All "building bases" files compressed (link off? tell me!):
http://www.4shared.com/rar/RgGfOAl1/war ... bases.html
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Looks very nice :) Certainly pure quality right there.
I was thinking about what I said about specularity maps. I think it wouldn't be too hard to make the shader use, for example, the normalmap channel as a specular map instead.
A specular map is essentially a way to controll the inensity/color of reflections, see this image for an example.
Now unfortunately the shading on these low-poly models is totally flat, so it might be that your current approach of adding in "reflections" into the main texture is still the best solution, but if you save the layers in your photoshop files, you could probably have a try at making a specularity map. What you need to do is simply recolor stuff according to their shininess. For example, exposed worn metallic surfaces and scratches shuold be very bright, while stuff like gravel and dusty/rusty areas should be very dark, because they produce very little mirror-like reflections. Also, crevices and other dark areas can be left totally black.
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

One issue with static shadows, etc., is that in recent versions of the game buildings can be rotated (their rotation being linked to the angle the map is viewed from at time of placing the blueprint) - so fixed shadows, etc., can sometimes give odd results as they'll be in different direction to the dynamic shadows placed by the game.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
Originway
Trained
Trained

Post by Originway »

VinYGomeZ where did you go? we need you to finish your awesome work!
AWarZoner
Trained
Trained

Post by AWarZoner »

VinYGomeZ wrote: In-game Screenshots:
wz2100-20130411_131148-Sk-Rush.jpg
I like this new HQ look. Keep up your good work!