Models by MaNGusT (AR)

Improving the artwork in Warzone2100 - not for mod discussions
Tzeentch
Trained
Trained

Re: Models by MaNGusT (AR)

Post by Tzeentch »

Very good, I even quickly skimmed past it and didn't realise.
This AR mod.. all purely visual changes right? Why don't we include this in the main game, and allow a simple option in the graphics menu to swap models Orig/AR ? At a press of a button everyone can flip between the two. Even if they may have to restart the game be well worth it.
MaNGusT
Art contributor

Post by MaNGusT »

Tzeentch wrote: 05 May 2021, 22:45Very good, I even quickly skimmed past it and didn't realise.
This AR mod.. all purely visual changes right? Why don't we include this in the main game, and allow a simple option in the graphics menu to swap models Orig/AR ? At a press of a button everyone can flip between the two. Even if they may have to restart the game be well worth it.
Because there is not enough people who could take care of this.
MaNGusT
Art contributor

Post by MaNGusT »

How I imagine the game will look in 2022 :roll:
hw shadows + ssao + bloom effect + some other post-process effects like grain and color correction
just added a few Reshade filters(shaders)
just added a few Reshade filters(shaders)
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

:ninja: Won't be long.

Post a screenshot of your new Water Tower model?
MaNGusT
Art contributor

Post by MaNGusT »

Berserk Cyborg wrote: 15 Jan 2022, 07:24Post a screenshot of your new Water Tower model?
There is nothing special there. I will post collage with new models when they will be finished. :)
Maitreyarck
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Maitreyarck »

I have to admit that it is very pretty. If it could be possible, it would be nice to see Warzone 2100 in a new light. That and some new, much bigger maps, for more fun.
MaNGusT
Art contributor

Post by MaNGusT »

Ah, I'm tired :annoyed:
Untitled.png
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Keep up the good work man :wink:
I also found the scav structures to perhaps be a bit more work than other stuff. The amount of detail is just higher overall. I think the trick is to make a bunch of elements that can be reused multiple times, and make the damage/rust as much procedural as possible. Another thing to keep in mind is that it's good to let go of perfection, since things are not supposed to line up perfectly.
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
Hadrian
Greenhorn

Post by Hadrian »

Hi, I have a problem. The modification changes everything except the wheels. Is this a known issue? Maybe there is a newer version?

Regards and thank you for your work.
MaNGusT
Art contributor

Post by MaNGusT »

Hadrian wrote: 19 Dec 2022, 20:16 Hi, I have a problem. The modification changes everything except the wheels. Is this a known issue? Maybe there is a newer version?

It's a known issue. Can't be fixed currently. Once wz's code will be updated with necessary fixes, I will release a new version of mod. I don't know when.
Hadrian
Greenhorn

Post by Hadrian »

Thanks a lot for your answer. By the way merry Christmas, I wish you a lot of patience with the project ;)
Pangaea
Trained
Trained

Post by Pangaea »

MaNGusT wrote: 20 Dec 2022, 12:11
Hadrian wrote: 19 Dec 2022, 20:16 Hi, I have a problem. The modification changes everything except the wheels. Is this a known issue? Maybe there is a newer version?

It's a known issue. Can't be fixed currently. Once wz's code will be updated with necessary fixes, I will release a new version of mod. I don't know when.
Thanks for your great work on this mod too, the game looks fantastic with it. Have noticed the unupgraded propulsion as well, so hopefully the core game can be updated soon so that everything looks nice and proper :) The 4.3.3 release didn't fix this?
MaNGusT
Art contributor

Post by MaNGusT »

Pangaea wrote: 05 Jan 2023, 12:40The 4.3.3 release didn't fix this?
For some reasons, no.
nick87720z
Trained
Trained

Post by nick87720z »

Versions since 4.3.4 should work with recent armod revision, however when I tried 4.3.5 - just started alpha campaign, and wheels were missing. Log was full of errors - like could not find some resources. Pre-last revision is fine with 4.3.3.
Those, who sacrifice culture for bit of freedom don't diserve any.
MaNGusT
Art contributor

Post by MaNGusT »

nick87720z wrote: 24 Apr 2023, 19:22Versions since 4.3.4 should work with recent armod revision
No, It should not. Only master build has necessary fixes and I wait public release to make a new build of ARmod.