ok, folks what do I need to do to ticket 737 to get in?

For code related discussions and questions
ouch
Trained
Trained

ok, folks what do I need to do to ticket 737 to get in?

Post by ouch »

http://developer.wz2100.net/ticket/737

So yeah, I've been in the programming mood again lately and I have been taking a second look at this code.

So broke down the giant if statements into switch/case statements. I also fixed a bug or two.

And I have been struggling to find a way to use purely actions instead of orders as some of you requested. But the build actions are tightly woven into build orders. I have not found a reliable way to just use actions. Best I found was this:

Code: Select all

psDroid->psTarStats = (BASE_STATS*) &asStructureStats[i];
psDroid->order = DORDER_BUILD;
psDroid->orderX = (UWORD)psFeature->pos.x;
psDroid->orderY = (UWORD)psFeature->pos.y;
actionDroidLoc(psDroid, DACTION_BUILD,
psFeature->pos.x, psFeature->pos.y);
this of course causes problems when the builder has list a of things to do. I don't think it's possible to not use orders when building stuff at this point. The interface is tied into the orders and you will get asserts saying you can't do the build action without a build order.

anyway, let me know your thoughts.
ouch
Trained
Trained

Re: ok, folks what do I need to do to ticket 737 to get in?

Post by ouch »

right... So I'll just be re-implimenting pure orders where it makes sense to use them then.

Also, anyone else notice that the trunk version can't stack more than 2 shift right-clicks for upgrade orders? The trucks just stop after 2 upgrades are built even if you shift right-clicked 5 structures. you also can't have them move to a position after upgrading either.