More research items per page

For code related discussions and questions
fryBASS
Greenhorn

Re: More research items per page

Post by fryBASS »

This would be awesome to have in the next version! So much more convenient; especially when you get that 3T research bump.
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

Hmm. The big empty blue part of the box in the beginning would look ugly. Maybe it could be made to extend only as far down as there are items to put in it...
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

This is highly unfair in competitive MP games.
Clicks matter, and the person with the biggest screen would have the most space for everything.
There is a patch in trac about this Per.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
wuz21m
Trained
Trained

Post by wuz21m »

Iluvalar wrote:
demolicious wrote:I think this is an awesome change.
Does anyone even use 640x480 and 800x600 anyway?
I do, get more fps that way on older computer. And really the game textures are not so great you see a big difference. I also enjoy those big buttons, i actually see more clearly the weapon on my
design and structure in 800x600 then in 1024x768.
This really bugs me when playing WZ2100.
The buttons and text are so small on big resolutions.
I think WZ2100 should have the ability to upscale the in-game menus.
vexed wrote:This is highly unfair in competitive MP games.
Clicks matter, and the person with the biggest screen would have the most space for everything.
There is a patch in trac about this Per.
Starcraft 2 has tried its best to tackle the issue. The buttons remain the same (relative) size. One matter remains though, a 16:9 aspect ratio has the biggest advantage.
Ezio
Trained
Trained

Post by Ezio »

wuz21m wrote: This really bugs me when playing WZ2100.
The buttons and text are so small on big resolutions.
I think WZ2100 should have the ability to upscale the in-game menus.
I was making new patch for it, but RL issue and GitExt crash keeping me away from finishing it :(
wuz21m
Trained
Trained

Post by wuz21m »

Do you have an idea on what should I do? Is there an incomplete code snippet?

WZ2100 [to me] on high resolutions is virtually unusable without it!
Tenoh
Trained
Trained

Post by Tenoh »

While you there guys any chance that you can make research window stay open after i select item to research?
"No, you don't want to buy this Sh[beep]t from me. It shoots sideways, it was built by retard zombies in some f[beep]king outreach program." HL:G
Tzeentch
Trained
Trained

Post by Tzeentch »

people get all kinds of advantages outside just this change, better hardware such as laser mice, pads to put the mice on. Something like my G13 keypad, specialsed keyboards with built in macros all of which you have no control over someone using. So why not allow bigger monitor to use more space effectively? If you play at a pro level you'd likely use all that anyway.

Smaller screens can be better as you have less distance to travel with your mouse as well, as covered by mathematical laws see - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fitts%27s_law & https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3gS9tjACwU so by this if anything without this change I am at a disadvantage vs others with smaller screens.
Tzeentch
Trained
Trained

Post by Tzeentch »

And we now have a display scaling feature which adjusts somewhat with the resolution changes in increments of 50%. Ideally and what would be fair for all is to have the display scale proportionally with the resolution, whichever size you choose. I do find that in V4 when everything is unlocked, it is hard to click on the small page changing buttons from one build page to another. The arrows and small oval buttons become smaller as you unlock more buildings. Enable cheat/debug mode and you'll see.
Bethrezen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bethrezen »

I also use 800x600 screen res when playing warzone because otherwise things are just to small on my screen as I only have a small 16" monitor.
nick87720z
Trained
Trained

Post by nick87720z »

It's even more actual now due to labs limit raised to 20. Though other kinds of progress as as well harder to monitor when they are in multiple pages, as with production and build.
Those, who sacrifice culture for bit of freedom don't diserve any.