design full scavenger units for next realease?

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Raven
Greenhorn

design full scavenger units for next realease?

Post by Raven »

i know that the scavenger some scavenger units have been designed in the NTW version of warzone2100 and we can get bodys such like the fire truck and school bus. but why not add jeep buggy and trike bodys to it for next realse? (not beata relase) i personally think it would be great fun with the full aresnal of scavenger body designs would be well suited rather than just 2 designs from it

thoughts?
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Re: design full scavenger units for next realease?

Post by aubergine »

I'd love to see more scav stuff appearing in the game, not just new models but also the ability to interact with scavs (eg. bribe them not to attack you) and even play as scavs.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
zany
Trained
Trained

Post by zany »

Raven wrote:i know that the scavenger some scavenger units have been designed in the NTW version of warzone2100 and we can get bodys such like the fire truck and school bus. but why not add jeep buggy and trike bodys to it for next realse? (not beata relase) i personally think it would be great fun with the full aresnal of scavenger body designs would be well suited rather than just 2 designs from it

thoughts?
the NTW version is not shipped with this version of the game
Raven
Greenhorn

Post by Raven »

zany wrote:
Raven wrote:i know that the scavenger some scavenger units have been designed in the NTW version of warzone2100 and we can get bodys such like the fire truck and school bus. but why not add jeep buggy and trike bodys to it for next realse? (not beata relase) i personally think it would be great fun with the full aresnal of scavenger body designs would be well suited rather than just 2 designs from it

thoughts?
funny that cause when i downloaded it it was off this site that i got the game from and it camewith it no bother when i first installed it. :/
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

It's not included in newer releases.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
Emdek
Regular
Regular

Post by Emdek »

aubergine wrote:I'd love to see more scav stuff appearing in the game, not just new models but also the ability to interact with scavs (eg. bribe them not to attack you) and even play as scavs.
I like it.
Nadszedł już czas, najwyższy czas, nienawiść zniszczyć w sobie.
The time has come, the high time, to destroy hatred in oneself.

Beware! Mad Qt Evangelist.
Delphinio
Art contributor

Post by Delphinio »

Raven wrote:
zany wrote:

thoughts?
funny that cause when i downloaded it it was off this site that i got the game from and it camewith it no bother when i first installed it. :/
There was all Scavenger Bodys available in the older versions of NTW Mod.
But many said that there are to many Bodys now, so i removed 3 Scavenger Bodys.

NTW Mod is shipped with this Warzone 2100 version, between 2.1.x and 3.0 Beta 4.
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

Are the scav bodies available for download anywhere so others can experiment with them? If you need somewhere to host them PM me as I have a useful place for uploading stuff...
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

Delphinio wrote:But many said that there are to many Bodys now
Too many? There is no such thing! O_o :lecture:
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

aubergine wrote:Are the scav bodies available for download anywhere so others can experiment with them? If you need somewhere to host them PM me as I have a useful place for uploading stuff...
https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2 ... tiplay/ntw is the ntw mod as it was in 3.0.
We want information... information... information.
Raven
Greenhorn

Post by Raven »

Delphinio wrote:
Raven wrote:
zany wrote:

thoughts?
There was all Scavenger Bodys available in the older versions of NTW Mod.
But many said that there are to many Bodys now, so i removed 3 Scavenger Bodys.

NTW Mod is shipped with this Warzone 2100 version, between 2.1.x and 3.0 Beta 4.
is there any possibilitys of putting the scav designs in with the next update or the next again? or would that just offset the balance. i have been looking at afew maps and one of them featured afew of the units on the team or even if you just added it to the design options when you create units? i just reckon it would be ace if we have the full set. cause we already have the scrambler turret (or nexus link as it seems to be called) along with the structures from the scav bases but if you think about it what use is it having scav bases if you can't build the scav units.. seems pointless. i am sure there are logical explinations for it ofcourse.
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

Post by Shadow Wolf TJC »

@Raven: Perhaps it could be possible to implement buildable scavenger vehicle designs in the future, though I doubt that anyone on the team would want to allow players to build scavenger structures with their trucks (nor add scavenger builders that could do this), or to allow players to produce scavenger units from any factories other than scavenger ones. Perhaps they could be left up for grabs for anyone with a NEXUS Link Turret to take over, though even then, given their low price for how much damage they could dish out, they may want to adjust their price to compensate.
Creator of Warzone 2100: Contingency!
Founder of Wikizone 2100: http://wikizone2100.wikia.com/wiki/Wikizone_2100
Raven
Greenhorn

Post by Raven »

well if you run debug mode and type inafew things you can actually get the structures. but there is no point in having the structures if you cannot have the units. just saying.
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

In case you guys haven't seen it yet: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9182