The number of post.

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Mafiaboss
Trained
Trained

The number of post.

Post by Mafiaboss »

Make is so that on here everyone can see how many post a user has posted on the side of their name, this would make it better for people to see who has been a on going member on this site and should know what they're talking about when it comes to Warzone
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: The number of post.

Post by NoQ »

Click the user's name.
It is also shown as a rank above the avatar.
Mafiaboss
Trained
Trained

Post by Mafiaboss »

NoQ wrote:Click the user's name.
It is also shown as a rank above the avatar.
Yea, but it would be easier to see just on the side of every post made by a person, and some people don't know the ranks.
Emdek
Regular
Regular

Post by Emdek »

Weren't those intentionally hidden to avoid post amount races?
Nadszedł już czas, najwyższy czas, nienawiść zniszczyć w sobie.
The time has come, the high time, to destroy hatred in oneself.

Beware! Mad Qt Evangelist.
zany
Trained
Trained

Post by zany »

Mafiaboss wrote:Make is so that on here everyone can see how many post a user has posted on the side of their name, this would make it better for people to see who has been a on going member on this site and should know what they're talking about when it comes to Warzone
:lol2: meaningless numbers. some people are around for a long time and never post
Mafiaboss
Trained
Trained

Post by Mafiaboss »

zany wrote:
Mafiaboss wrote:Make is so that on here everyone can see how many post a user has posted on the side of their name, this would make it better for people to see who has been a on going member on this site and should know what they're talking about when it comes to Warzone
:lol2: meaningless numbers. some people are around for a long time and never post
So if they're meaningless then that means if someone has posted 2000 post then they would not be contributing to the forums? I don't think you have thought this through well enough, and yea the people who create a account and don't post are counted as inactive so what would be the point of creating a account anyway if your not gonna post?
Emdek
Regular
Regular

Post by Emdek »

Mafiaboss wrote:So if they're meaningless then that means if someone has posted 2000 post then they would not be contributing to the forums?
Visual rank emblem gives some information about posts amount (although, unless it was fixed recently, they aren't changed when reaching power of two post amounts).
Mafiaboss wrote:what would be the point of creating a account anyway if your not gonna post?
For example to get updates on topics interesting for them.

zany
Trained
Trained

Post by zany »

Mafiaboss wrote:
zany wrote:
So if they're meaningless then that means if someone has posted 2000 post then they would not be contributing to the forums? I don't think you have thought this through well enough, and yea the people who create a account and don't post are counted as inactive so what would be the point of creating a account anyway if your not gonna post?
:lol2: you are not on many forums it seems. there are lots of people who post crap to push their post count for whatever reasons. I can name 3-4 people on this forum who do that since they think they know it all :roll:
Mafiaboss
Trained
Trained

Post by Mafiaboss »

zany wrote:
Mafiaboss wrote:
zany wrote:
:lol2: you are not on many forums it seems. there are lots of people who post crap to push their post count for whatever reasons. I can name 3-4 people on this forum who do that since they think they know it all :roll:
While thats true, the number of post still counts towards getting the rank on the side of your name, and if they're meaningless why don't the staff just stop using them on the whole website huh? They have meaning of course or I doubt they would be on here
milo christiansen
Regular
Regular

Post by milo christiansen »

That rank badge was a recent addition.
In general, if you see glowing, pulsating things in the game, you should click on them.
- Demigod Game Ganual
Emdek
Regular
Regular

Post by Emdek »

milo christiansen, really?
I'm sure that it was already here in 2010 (as I've followed it's changes before I get Translator image ;-)).

zany
Trained
Trained

Post by zany »

it has been like this a very long time not new at all
milo christiansen
Regular
Regular

Post by milo christiansen »

Well recent as in after I showed up :P
In general, if you see glowing, pulsating things in the game, you should click on them.
- Demigod Game Ganual
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Ah dropping by ;)

How many posts for Special? as I thought one thousand.. and I was wrong :hmm:
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Wisler
Trained
Trained

Post by Wisler »

[/quote]
While thats true, the number of post still counts towards getting the rank on the side of your name, and if they're meaningless why don't the staff just stop using them on the whole website huh? They have meaning of course or I doubt they would be on here[/quote]

I think your attitude stinks, you only just joined and you say a huge part of the game is noobish and cheap 100 times, then you try to argue with people who made the game or have played it for years, that the forum sucks too, if you don't like this game then go join another one, otherwise quit complaining about everything.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.

Pm me to try out for RBL.