Unit's Union Capability

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Warzone_Fan
Trained
Trained

Unit's Union Capability

Post by Warzone_Fan »

Unit Union Proposal

This is the rough idea i came into yesterday : -"what if units gather around the commander unit and unite it's weapons and energy cores to power a bigger gun that could only be used and fired when units are at 120% energy resonance?".

This looks like the idea of "power rangers mega zord", but it's not necessarily a humanoid shape, it could be a a big tank with high resilience units on sides and high power cost units on midle and commander units on center having it's attributes as such :
  • Health : will be the sum of units used in the union,class 2 will be calculated this way health = 1.5*the sum health, the class 3 union tank health will be calculated as 3*sum of health.
    Speed : would be the average of all units speed,1.5*the average for class 3 union tanks
    Power : it would use the weapon turrets most units have, the class 2 will use two weapons like dragon, class 3 will apply the third most used weapon type most appealing attribute to add to both turrets.
We could use the normal unit design system to make just in the place of components we will use commanders already in teams and here we will choose what he will be(a VTOL or tank), add an option to the commander menu to form union tank and separate.

I came with the idea of having three classes of union tanks and vtol(yes vtol :twisted: ) while the last one is a little bit different and a lot slower.They main difference between classes are the number of command units used to form, class 1 need two command units, class 2 takes three and class 3 takes 5 commander units.

The number of units used in the assemble are equal to commander default command capability(6) without exceeding in the VTOL unit.
The Union tank exp will be calculated normally, example : commander A unites with commander B and form union tank AB and destroys 40 units and separates no exp is awarded individually but when they unite again the 40 units experience appears again.

For attributes most of they are simple , if i made all units on the union tank mantis chassis they will be fast,if you use many vengeance it would be faster than mantis and stronger than panther and so goes on.About propulsion it seeks the same line of thought.They will have a super wepon that takes 2 minutes to charge, cause the splash daage of a plasmite bomb and does the same damage as 3 plasma cannons the difference will be that class 1 takes 2 min to charge, class 2 1min and class 3 30 seconds :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
That's it people :D i expect you like.
  • If you do things right people won’t be sure you did anything at all.
    One man’s criticism worth more than a million men approval.
    The real power is to rule over your own anger.
    Don’t Hope For Change, Make The Change You Hope For.
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Re: Unit's Union Capability

Post by Goth Zagog-Thou »

This could be done with a script. You'd need to make a new weapon entry in the various .txt files for the "big shot".

Interesting idea!
Warzone_Fan
Trained
Trained

Post by Warzone_Fan »

Goth Zagog-Thou wrote:This could be done with a script. You'd need to make a new weapon entry in the various .txt files for the "big shot".

Interesting idea!
the idea itself is not hard for programmers but the design of those union vtol and tanks are hard i suppose :?
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

I dont really see why we would fusion units instead of producing them from the very begining.

So what you really want. I a super heavy and Mega heavy bodies for each set. And "fusion weapons" for each weapons already existing.

twin machine gun python+flamer python=twin flaming gun Anaconda
Mini pod python+cannon python=Explosive round cannon Anaconda
twin flaming gun Anaconda +Explosive round cannon Anaconda= Twin flaming explosion shotgun Quetzalcóatl.

So, if you agree that we can produce those unions from the factory, it's relatively simple to implement that in the game...

All we need is the 3d model fusion of the 30 main weapons of the game = 30*30 = 900 weapons
and the 3d model of those fusions with each other and the standard weapons 930*930 = 864900 weapons.

So 865800 more 3d models are needed and a lot... a lot lot more imaginaton XD .
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
Warzone_Fan
Trained
Trained

Post by Warzone_Fan »

Iluvalar wrote:I dont really see why we would fusion units instead of producing them from the very begining.

So what you really want. I a super heavy and Mega heavy bodies for each set. And "fusion weapons" for each weapons already existing.

twin machine gun python+flamer python=twin flaming gun Anaconda
Mini pod python+cannon python=Explosive round cannon Anaconda
twin flaming gun Anaconda +Explosive round cannon Anaconda= Twin flaming explosion shotgun Quetzalcóatl.

So, if you agree that we can produce those unions from the factory, it's relatively simple to implement that in the game...

All we need is the 3d model fusion of the 30 main weapons of the game = 30*30 = 900 weapons
and the 3d model of those fusions with each other and the standard weapons 930*930 = 864900 weapons.

So 865800 more 3d models are needed and a lot... a lot lot more imaginaton XD .
that the ideia
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

Post by Shadow Wolf TJC »

I'd imagine that units with union capabilities, both the individual parts and the whole, would be more expensive to produce than units that lack such capabilities, though they'd also be more flexible, especially in terms of defensive capabilities.
Creator of Warzone 2100: Contingency!
Founder of Wikizone 2100: http://wikizone2100.wikia.com/wiki/Wikizone_2100