Build Tiles

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Sick0
Trained
Trained

Build Tiles

Post by Sick0 »

Any way we can do away with the way the tiles are changed to have the structure layout around the buildings when you build something. I have disliked that design since the alpha / beta release of this game.

Thanks, Sick0
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Re: Build Tiles

Post by lav_coyote25 »

Sick0 wrote:Any way we can do away with the way the tiles are changed to have the structure layout around the buildings when you build something. I have disliked that design since the alpha / beta release of this game.

Thanks, Sick0
can you do screen shots showing this problem your describing... i do not see it... :hmm:
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mysteryem »

I would guess he means either the tiles under buildings flattening to make them look better, or the base plates that base structures have.
"...If pure awesomeness were bricks, this would be the Great Wall of China...
The glory of this has collapsed on its self so far, that even the neutrons have collapsed."
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

this is why asked for screen shots - so there is no having to guess at the problem.... :idea:
Sick0
Trained
Trained

Post by Sick0 »

Mysteryem wrote:I would guess he means either the tiles under buildings flattening to make them look better, or the base plates that base structures have.
Sorry, yeah the base plates... however I can do screen shots and highlight the area I am talking about if you need and or want.

Thanks for the replies, Sick0!
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

screen shots will help.... thanks. the more information one has about a problem , perhaps someone else will have the solution to solving said problem.
Sick0
Trained
Trained

Post by Sick0 »

Here's a Screenshot I grabbed from the web... see how there is a base plate around the factory, I think it would look so much better without it. I think one of the mods on here has them removed. Also not just for the factory for all structures.

So it's not a bug or anything, just a suggestion to improve the game appearance some. :)

Thanks, Sick0
Attachments
The Base around the factory...
The Base around the factory...
medusa
Trained
Trained

Post by medusa »

Sick0 wrote:Here's a Screenshot I grabbed from the web... see how there is a base plate around the factory, I think it would look so much better without it. I think one of the mods on here has them removed. Also not just for the factory for all structures.

So it's not a bug or anything, just a suggestion to improve the game appearance some. :)

Thanks, Sick0
you are playing the wrong version if you want game appearance.
play those snapshot builds instead.
neo_dragon2k
Trained
Trained

Post by neo_dragon2k »

I disagree. i think the buildings look better with the base plate. to me a building has to have a foundation and with the base on it looks like they may have dug out some of the earth underneath before building the structure. otherwire a gust of wind would blow it over. It makes logical sense to me to keep it or i think the base structures would look flimsy.
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

I tried removing the base plates once. It looked rather crappy, IMHO. I guess there is a good reason why they were added in the first place.
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Yeah, you don't build factories directly on the ground. One could, however, make irregular-shaped bases using the alpha channel (although it may/may not require changes to the renderer)
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

I think the base plates look fine, but I'm not sure how not having them gives the illusion that the structure has no foundation :o

Unless the soil has insufficient bearing capacity foundations go down much further than they go out :wink:
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
Sick0
Trained
Trained

Post by Sick0 »

Good points, maybe they could be improved upon... ?
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

@effigy: Maybe not without foundation, but more like out of place. A hi-tech military base is likely to have some pavement and markings around its facilities
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

Jorzi wrote:@effigy: Maybe not without foundation, but more like out of place. A hi-tech military base is likely to have some pavement and markings around its facilities
Certainly :)
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241