Hardened Machinegun Guard Tower

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Asgorath
Trained
Trained

Hardened Machinegun Guard Tower

Post by Asgorath »

I always wonder why there is a Hardened Sensor Tower after researching Hardcrete but no Hardened Machinegun Guard Tower.
I think a Hardened Machinegun Guard Tower would help to prevent early rushes because it requires more fire power to destroy them.
Especially defensive players and/or new players would benefit from it. But also for aggressive players it would be of avail because they can defend their base more easily when moving out with their army or to secure their Oil Derricks.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Re: Hardened Machinegun Guard Tower

Post by Iluvalar »

I believe that the ability to design such buildings is one of the serious project on the to-do list. The major limitation right now is that the research pages would soon be filled with all those defense structures.

You might think that the HMG hardened tower would be nice, but someone else would prefer the TMG bunker and another one the flamer hardpoint and so on...

On another hand, i'm volonteer to make that change into the stats file if the remaining of the community think like you that the hardened HMG is a must :) .
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
Asgorath
Trained
Trained

Post by Asgorath »

Iluvalar wrote:I believe that the ability to design such buildings is one of the serious project on the to-do list
That ability would be amazing, inventing defence structures like tanks/vtols.
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

Post by Shadow Wolf TJC »

While I'm fine with using machinegun bunkers over machinegun towers in early defense due to their better armor, I'd sure like to use mini-rocket pods on bunkers or hardpoints, as hardened towers aren't exactly the best at defense, even though they could allow you to shoot over walls.

Anyways, like Iluvalar said, I believe that the ability to design your own buildings isn't a new suggestion, though it would be neat if that could happen. (However, then we'd probably have to go through the tedious process of going into the design screen for a few seconds, and design our Hardened HMG Tower, or our Mini-Rocket Pod Bunker, which is why I proposed in a different thread that we be able to save our designs in-between skirmish/multiplayer matches.)
Creator of Warzone 2100: Contingency!
Founder of Wikizone 2100: http://wikizone2100.wikia.com/wiki/Wikizone_2100