Warzone 2100 wish list - all can contribute_part 1

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Re: Warzone 2100 wish list - all can contribute.

Post by Terminator »

I wish you to make a Scrolls in warzone. It will help too view all Hosts in gamelist of masterserver if it overloaded. Also usefull in build menu & present dots use as sorting filters, exemple: first dot - factory, center. generator,...; second - all bunkers, 3rd - heightpoints;...& so on.

I guess its needs a GUI enchanment... :(
Last edited by Terminator on 04 Dec 2007, 10:01, edited 1 time in total.
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
Delphinio
Art contributor

Post by Delphinio »

08 - laser vtol dont need to re-arm & mg vtol gets 2x current ammo.
lol... yes no rearm laser omg. vtol laser is to strong man.
10 - some kind of specific anti vtol sensor that you assign vtols to. this then sends your vtols to intercept the enemy vtols
(a vtol specific anti-vtol weapon might be nice too.)
a vtol sensor is already in game... maybe u are blind... dont know lol.
there are many anti vtol weapons. for ex.: lancer or scourge...
11 - unit limit
A_ see remaining unit limit XX/100 on screen, below timer or something use t - "unit count" to activate(what is the unit limit anyway?)
100units, max trucks are 15.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

----------->

* Just gonna keep it K.I.S.S....

* Controllable Vtol Dogfighting..... in PSX "Drive-Battle HUD" mode !

* Feel me ?

- RV :D

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
gypakk
Trained
Trained

Post by gypakk »

Wish list?

Christmas ist waiting? :-)

OK, my wish for Christmas:

"Multiplayer behind NAT" at http://wiki.wz2100.net/Other_Proposals
Life is real - unless declared as integer.
Andr0o
New user

Post by Andr0o »

I just want guns with guns on them...  ;)
<3
Bang, I shotz you.
psychopompos
Trained
Trained

Post by psychopompos »

Delphinio wrote: lol... yes no rearm laser omg. vtol laser is to strong man.
a vtol sensor is already in game... maybe u are blind... dont know lol.
there are many anti vtol weapons. for ex.: lancer or scourge...
100units, max trucks are 15.
whats to stop no laser rearm? just give the vtol laser hp penalty + lower ROF
keep re-arm on pulse-laser, but lasers are be more replace batteries then rearm anyway.

yes, i know there is an offensive radar for, but it sends vtols after EVERYTHING!
i meant one for intercepting vtols with vtols.
and as much as there are scourge missiles for vtol, there isnt a vindicator vtol turret.

since when did lancers target vtol? ???
------------------------

i want a system on the commanders have their own build menu, where you can say exactly haw many of each template it has, then it orders them by when lost etc superseding the factories list (which ever factory can get the unit there soonest), and maintains the number of each unit automatically, but would allow other units to be built independent & unassigned by selecting the factory you want them built at.
MOTHERBOARD - MSI P7N PLATINUM¦-¦PROCESSOR - C2D E7300 @ 4.00GHZ
MEMORY - 4 Gig (2x2gig) ddr2 1066mhz¦-¦OPERATING SYSTEM - WINDOWS 7 (ULT)
GRAPHICS - BFG GTX 260 OCX (requires ForceWare drivers for good openGL)
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

lancers - cyborgs    have always been able to target vtols.

actually all the missile techs should be able to do the same....  with the last sam missile tech being the strongest.
‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.
Delphinio
Art contributor

Post by Delphinio »

whats to stop no laser rearm? just give the vtol laser hp penalty + lower ROF
keep re-arm on pulse-laser, but lasers are be more replace batteries then rearm anyway.
make lasers not better... as i said, they are to strong.
yes, i know there is an offensive radar for, but it sends vtols after EVERYTHING!
i meant one for intercepting vtols with vtols.
i thought vtol strike sensor is vtol vs vtol only... hmm ok.
and as much as there are scourge missiles for vtol, there isnt a vindicator vtol turret.
since when did lancers target vtol?
weapons which got anti vtol settings are:
Assault Gun
Heavy Machinegun
Lancer
Machinegun
Needle Gun
Rail Gun
Scourge Missile
Tank Killer
Twin Machinegun

ONLY ON A VTOL
Deathguise
Trained
Trained

Post by Deathguise »

Rman Virgil wrote:* Controllable Vtol Dogfighting..... in PSX "Drive-Battle HUD" mode !
Would definitely make an interesting feature, although Fog of War rules would need modifying as Vtols can't travel directly through the Fog.
Delphinio wrote:i thought vtol strike sensor is vtol vs vtol only... hmm ok.
Nope Vtol strike towers will detect and send assigned Vtols to intercept both ground and airborne threats, which can lead to problems if a Vtol armed with a weapon that can only fire ground targets is assigned to the tower and enemy Vtols then enter the sensor range of the tower: since the assigned Vtol can't fire at the enemy Vtols it will behave erratically.  Im sure some of the RTS.net and Pumpkin-2 vets are aware of this problem and understand it better than i do.

Another interesting idea that was talked about on the older forums was to have terrain height play a larger role, so if your unit had a terrain height advantage over an enemy unit it would gain a slight accuracy bonus dependant on terrain height - this would need careful thought before implementation as it could make certain weapons too pwerful leading to a : "It's over Anakin, I have the high ground" type situation.
"Abandon All Hope" - Chiggy von Richthofen
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Deathguise wrote: Would definitely make an interesting feature, although Fog of War rules would need modifying as Vtols can't travel directly through the Fog.
* Very sharp point.

* "Fog-of-War" will undergo a fundamental evolution with the introduction of M.A.V.s pre-T3... which dove-tails quite nicely with controllable VTOL dog-fighting & "FPPBM" - 1st Person Piloting Battle Mode.

* Definitely an A.R.T.S. GPM implementation.

- RV :D

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
TheDaze
Trained
Trained

Post by TheDaze »

psychopompos wrote: i want a system on the commanders have their own build menu, where you can say exactly haw many of each template it has, then it orders them by when lost etc superseding the factories list (which ever factory can get the unit there soonest), and maintains the number of each unit automatically, but would allow other units to be built independent & unassigned by selecting the factory you want them built at.
That would be a good one indeed. Resetting the factory build sequence every time you need an extra truck is a true pain in the ass!

The GUI would remain fairly clean; just open a build window when in Commander menu, if you click on the factory icon above the commander icon (upper).

On the other hand, when in Factory menu, clicking on a factory icon (lower) should bring up the tactical menu (the one where one set the fighting stance, when to return for repair etc.). Currently, this menu can be open only by clicking directly on the factory building with the right mouse button.

If both improvements are implemented, they will add to intuitiveness of each.

---
Anyhow, I vote for less build/research micromanagement and more command strategy/tactical management.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

TheDaze wrote: ......
Anyhow, I vote for less build/research micromanagement and more command strategy/tactical management.
* Glory be hallelujah !

* That's what I be doin & talkin 'bout.

* In CAM mode you can attack-it, somewhat, scriptomatically.

* But in MP mode, there's no way 'round it - you gotta deal with WZs "written in stone" GUI widget scheme.... basically it sucks 'cause it's a "strait-jacket" to the games evolution...

* Once that widget chit is dealt with then the doors open-wide to orders of magnitude more effective "Command & Control" mechanics that would facilitate a players ability to direct (without inordinate "baby-sitiing') multi-pronged, combined arms deployment, right-up to commanding in the heat of battle like Rommel or Patton or Alexander or Ghengis Khan, et..

* Mind you, other stuff comes into play after the widgets "rat-nest".... but that is a definite pre-requisite to MP tactical & strategic evolution. via enhanced "Command & Control" mechanics.

- Cheers, RV :D
Last edited by Rman Virgil on 28 Nov 2007, 20:27, edited 1 time in total.

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
Deus Siddis
Trained
Trained

Post by Deus Siddis »

Rman Virgil wrote: Controllable Vtol Dogfighting..... in PSX "Drive-Battle HUD" mode !

Feel me ?
I second that! :)

(What? It's a wish list.) :D
psychopompos
Trained
Trained

Post by psychopompos »

change the savegame menu.
1 single column that scrolls to however many slots the user wishes.
load skirmish handled separately.

gfx options (res/shadows) handled in game options menu.
MOTHERBOARD - MSI P7N PLATINUM¦-¦PROCESSOR - C2D E7300 @ 4.00GHZ
MEMORY - 4 Gig (2x2gig) ddr2 1066mhz¦-¦OPERATING SYSTEM - WINDOWS 7 (ULT)
GRAPHICS - BFG GTX 260 OCX (requires ForceWare drivers for good openGL)
HCN-Trooper
Trained
Trained

Post by HCN-Trooper »

-Cyborgs now able to garisson, 5 slots in big flats, 3 in houses, one stol is for one cyborg, a super cyborg though, need 2 slots

-New propulsion: Walker (Slightly fastr than wheels,halftrack like bodypoints, always same speed)*1

-New (super heavy)Body: Hydra (following the row of Big:Wyver, Bigger:Dragon, Biggest:Hydra) which will even have two fitting points for 2 weapons, or 2 sensor like thin,or a sensor and weapon.....*1

-New flying tech:
--Airstrip+hangars
--airstip can produce jets, which need to take off and are way more faster than VTOLS.

-Cyborgs should be designable too.

-new vehicle(not for VTOLS or Jets) weapon, a bunker which is garrisonable for cyborgs (4 slots)

-better internet play options (master server needed or so)

-oil-derik upgrade: two nodders instead of one. An if one is down the other is up and vice versa..

*1, i 'm making some concepts in .PIE format, but i can't texture it nor animate it... //Edit: i found out i only can convert from .PIE to any 3d format but not otherwhise :S
Last edited by HCN-Trooper on 04 Dec 2007, 21:54, edited 1 time in total.