Counter for Multiplayer Quiters...

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Counter for Multiplayer Quiters...

Post by Merowingg »

Hello Gentlemen :)

We all know the sad truth that we are surrounded, and lately even overwhelmed by the quiters..

So an idea came to my mind, it woud be nice to have a special counter in multiplayer lobby, somewhere next to the nickname of Mr X :) which would say how many times did he quit during the game, or how many times he dropped connection when being a host.

It could be represented by a number of course, but it could be a nice coloured bar for example :)

Green short bar, not many, yellow, longer one - more often, red, very long - typical quiter being..

I know it would be hard to estimate whether connection was lost or somone did quit, I am sure about that

Anyway such a device would improve multiplayer environment a lot.. as lately the scale of quiters is at least frightening..

Bye..
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
JDW
Regular
Regular

Re: Counter for Multiplayer Quiters...

Post by JDW »

I found this bit of news interesting,

A new way of dealing with rage quitters in online games
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

I am as always afraid I feel sarcasm in your statememnt.. but it is me ;) I often suspect sarcasm :P

Thank you for the link :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

Merowingg wrote:I am as always afraid I feel sarcasm in your statememnt..
No sarcasm, just a piece of info that I found interesting.
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
Wisler
Trained
Trained

Post by Wisler »

I 100% agree with this idea , think its awsome, perhaps the best idea for multiplayer since Warzone 2100 has come out.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.

Pm me to try out for RBL.
BunkerBlaster
Trained
Trained

Post by BunkerBlaster »

You already have a counter for quitters. Its called full rank. If you don't want quitters in your game just boot everyone with full rank.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Wisler :)

I think you are exaggerating a bit :) but I do know you agree with me strongly :)

BunkerBlaster :)

You know it is not so simple..

I think my idea is quite good :)

Regards - Mero
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Playing games not arranged on IRC is always bad for your health, and quitters aren't the biggest problem.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Playing games not arranged on IRC is always bad for your health
I do agree entirely with it..

Thank you for the link, already posted there :)

Regards - Mero
BunkerBlaster
Trained
Trained

Post by BunkerBlaster »

NoQ wrote:Playing games not arranged on IRC is always bad for your health, and quitters aren't the biggest problem.
I have to disagree. Your link to being complimented as being a cheater is not the biggest problem nor is the biggest problem what this thread is about. This thread is for ideas and its about the annoyance of putting your time into playing a game to only have your opponents quit. Many players do NOT stick around for the end of game unless they can get the win. This includes many on IRC. Fixing the ranking system is not a new idea. But Merowinggs idea is new and original I believe. I will give Merowinggs idea 2 thumbs up since previous ideas of fixing the ranking system were never implemented.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

I have to disagree.
No need to disagree here, i didn't insist, and i even went offtopic, i admit it (:

Anyway, last time i tried freely surfing the lobby, i was accused of cheating and kicked because i won the game 3 times out of 3. This was really bad for my nerves. I swear i won't ever try to do it again; i even put on this signature ...
This includes many on IRC.
I have to disagree :roll: When you're on IRC, you can always ask something like "what happened, why you quitted on me?", and at least see the person admit the defeat, etc. But with playing anonymous trolls results only in pain. :hmm:
Last edited by NoQ on 02 Mar 2011, 22:49, edited 1 time in total.
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

AFAIK the only people on IRC who quit early on a regular basis have crappy Internet service. IIRC any IRCer who rage quit on another IRCer got raged on in IRC, and either quit doing it or stopped coming to the IRC channels.
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

BunkerBlaster :)

Thank you for suach a strong approval :)
I have to disagree :roll: When you're on IRC, you can always ask something like "what happened, why you quitted on me?", and at least see the person admit the defeat, etc.
Entirely agree to that, many times hundreds of times, IRC explained what happened exactly
AFAIK the only people on IRC who quit early on a regular basis have crappy Internet service. IIRC any IRCer who rage quit on another IRCer got raged on in IRC, and either quit doing it or stopped coming to the IRC channels.
Effigy.. I rememeber times when i could host only for 4 people.. and finally I imprved my internet speed ans now I could host for 6 :) I was so happy :) and still I am :)

Soon I have removal.. but the place i am going has better internet on other rules :) I already collect money for good router :) and stuff of the company is already asked if they can open port 2100 :)

Regards - Mero
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

I am sorry but I dare to move the topic up a little bit as I think it is really good idea..

I might be wrong of course ;)

Anybothy knows if somone of the "creators" is interested abut this idea ?? :)

Be scared quiters be scared we all know you are there !!!

Yes I am talking to you !!!!

Regards - Mero