Harvestable resources

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
NoQ
Special
Special

Harvestable resources

Post by NoQ »

Probably it may be a good idea to make it possible to put some gatherable resources on the field. They are features that contain a finite amount of power that is gathered by trucks only at a finite rate (probably faster than oil derrick). Also, when gathered, the feature totally disappears, and the ground below it becomes passable, which allows creating something similar to starcraft's mineral walls. Well, the only difference is that you don't need to bring the oil gathered this way back to base (we don't bring oil drums back to base, do we?)

This could add some new aspects to those hot battles on classic-style maps we're having nowadays.
JakeGrey
Trained
Trained

Re: Harvestable resources

Post by JakeGrey »

We already have oil barrels, so probably the quickest and easiest implementation would be requiring trucks or cyborgs to transport them back to the power plant.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

No-no, that would be something completely different (:
Asgorath
Trained
Trained

Post by Asgorath »

Sounds like C&C...
I think fighting battles for Oil Derricks is much more fun and I think one of them is enough (gatherable resources on the field or Oil Derricks)
I am against it :ninja:
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

A new weapon type named "digger" with a new sort of giga drill. which I would see like a melee weapon. More effective for his HP then for his dammage and the a new feature that is only affected by that weapon.

Then the map makers could just dhide oil barrel behind if they want.

(I just say the easiest way to get that effect in the game....i'm not sure we even need dev for that...)
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Most features are destroyed too quickly. That's the main problem here. Also, you can destroy features at a rate proportional to your strength, but i was looking for something that takes at least some time to gather no matter how strong your army is.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

I was talking about a new feature and a new weapon type (flammer, anti-personnal, _diggers_ ) with new super bonus again that particular feature.

I was just thinking it would get more easily into the game like that then trying to give trucks a brand new super ability. (maybe i'm wrong).

PS: i looked at it, and the weapon types are hardcoded. We would need to adapt the source code even with my idea.
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
Wibble199
Trained
Trained

Post by Wibble199 »

I'm not quite with this...
So does that mean it'll be similar to Earth 2150 where you have a mine and you build a new vehicle to transport ore to a refinery? :hmm:
Asgorath wrote:I am against it :ninja:
Add an option to turn it on or off in the start skirmish game menu.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

vehicle to transport ore
I think i said it clearly enough that i don't want it to be transported. That's certainly against warzone2100 ideals.
Add an option to turn it on or off in the start skirmish game menu.
Or rather use maps where such stockpiles are not included ;)