Search Engine for Addons

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Search Engine for Addons

Post by Merowingg »

Hello Gentlemen :)

As more and more maps appear in Addons, I thought that maybe it would be a good idea to have a search engine in there ??

A pearson type "ABC" and "ABC" map appears :) It could be also more complex.. like searching by not only the maps name, but also by the author or even map size.. or players number..

I think such thig woud make the place more attractive, present thing is great I admit, the best maps on the top, and then lower in rate follows, and it should stay, but with serch engine, it could just improve searching

I mean here for example if someone is looking for "ABC" map when he types "AB" it should show him all maps starting with "AB"

But simple typing the name and pressing search would be great too :)

Bye :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: Search Engine for Addons

Post by NoQ »

Since all the maps are on one page, searching the page for keywords is something any web browser is capable of.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Maybe it is :) but.. for example I dont know how to use such feature.. and big typing space and "search" button would look cool.. :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

So you want to have a new feature because you don't know how to use the existing one? Hmm. :hmm:
Still, i agree that Addons should be made more convenient to use, for example adding categories or different sorting types, and once it is done, an addon search form will be necessary.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Well I wanted to say that I do not know for example how to use searching for exact words on the opened page by my browser..

And indeed you see too that it should be more convenient.. :)

Regards - Mero
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

I do not know
Learn this. It's very easy and convenient.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Yes Sir :)

I will try to do as recommended :)

Regards - Mero
DRAAK
Trained
Trained

Post by DRAAK »

Merowingg wrote:...but.. for example I dont know how to use such feature..
Ctrl+F :wink:
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

DRAAK :)

Thanx man :) I was afraid this shortcout will make something bad to my pc, but i decided to trust you and..

really thank you :) so simple, and might be really useful :)

But!! I still think Addons needs things I have mentioned :)

Regards - Mero
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

I think these sorts of improvements to addons have been discussed already. I'm sure someday we'll have categories to make finding a map or mod more convenient.
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

I thought it might have been discussed already, but wast sure.. And I am happy that more advanced search is on its way to appear :)

Regards - Mero
BunkerBlaster
Trained
Trained

Post by BunkerBlaster »

Yes a better way of searching for maps would be nice. It would be nice to search and categorize maps by number of players or quantity of oil derrick or size of map or sort by map maker. The Forum is nice, but being able to categorize them would be even nicer.

I have always used search, its just not the same as it provides tons of false positives.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

I have nothing more to add here :)

Regards - Mero
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Number of maps increases :)

We need that device :)

It is my advice ;)

Regards - Mero
topo1948
Trained
Trained

Post by topo1948 »