IDEA: Tunnels

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
adimosh
Greenhorn

IDEA: Tunnels

Post by adimosh »

If you guys are working on bridges, why not tunnels as well? Could the game engine support that? I suppose that, if one can do bridges and have, basically, an extra elevation system above a certain area, why not an elevation system under the usual map?

This would add an extra level of dynamism to the game: the possibility to tunnel through natural obstacles and pop up in the enemy base.

Thoughts, please.
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: IDEA: Tunnels

Post by NoQ »

Every bridge can be considered to be merely a tunnel below it.
zarulhairee
Trained
Trained

Post by zarulhairee »

lol hao.....he probably mean about a tunnel somwhere like through a mountain.
ENEMY OF ENEMY WITHIN ENEMY THAT LIES BETWEEN ENEMY THAT TRIES TO UNFOLD AN ENEMY SO THAT THE ENEMY WILL THINK IT'S ENEMY IS AWAY FROM THE ENEMY HOME WORLD THEN AFTER THE ENEMY WORLD

wanna add me on Google talk? go ahead :D

[email protected]
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

This still turns this mountain into a bridge above the tunnel road (though probably an impassable bridge, but i still think bridges and tunnels are one and the same concept).:
MetalWarrior95
Trained
Trained

Post by MetalWarrior95 »

Well Earth 2150 had tunels...That feature rocked anyway earth 2150 had similar concept as warzone 2100 but more supreme because of good graphics,day and night,you can choose on your units and buildings to have turned off and on lights!

Its better then warzone,it aint fast but its great,that game even have mechs!!!
Il crush you!If i get crushed,il crush you twice stronger!!If you crush me again,then il blow up your PC!!
zarulhairee
Trained
Trained

Post by zarulhairee »

i have simple idea, how about no tunnel...but there will be a vehicle will make a tunnel for you. if the vehicle were destoryed the tunnel colapse
ENEMY OF ENEMY WITHIN ENEMY THAT LIES BETWEEN ENEMY THAT TRIES TO UNFOLD AN ENEMY SO THAT THE ENEMY WILL THINK IT'S ENEMY IS AWAY FROM THE ENEMY HOME WORLD THEN AFTER THE ENEMY WORLD

wanna add me on Google talk? go ahead :D

[email protected]
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

I'd love to be able to drill a tunnel through a mountain, however I can't see any usefulness to it in a game like warzone. I can just transport troops by air to get them anywhere on the map.

I do quite like the sound of mechs though - maybe the larger cyborg units could look more like mech warriors?
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
macuser
Regular
Regular

Post by macuser »

well not drill it but the mapmakers could put it there. that would make for interesting maps ;)
ArtRev Website

ImageImage

System: AMD Phenom II x4, 4GB RAM, 640GB HD, Nvidia GeForce GT 240 1GB, Mac OS X 10.6
MetalWarrior95
Trained
Trained

Post by MetalWarrior95 »

Earth 2150 supported underground tunels...
Actualy there were like two maps,well its hard to explain.

In Earth 2150 you can switch from mission to hq and from hq to mission ultil you end mission and if you decide to switch from mission to hq or oposite the mission will not end and there will be still real time combat and that...

Earth 2150 is far supreme and it was released in 1999 (europe) and in 2000(America & Asia)...Anyway there are three Earth 2150 games,a trilogy!!It rocked!
Il crush you!If i get crushed,il crush you twice stronger!!If you crush me again,then il blow up your PC!!
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

Someone should have searched on the forum if the idea of tunnels was already discussed, and maybe even carry forward that discussion viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3713&start=0&hilit=tunnel
MetalWarrior95 wrote:Its better then warzone,it aint fast but its great,that game even have mechs!!!
MetalWarrior95 wrote:Earth 2150 is far supreme and it was released in 1999 (europe) and in 2000(America & Asia)...Anyway there are three Earth 2150 games,a trilogy!!It rocked!
I don't think earth2150 is "far supreme" or better than Warzone 2100. If what you say is true, then you wouldn't ever be here on this forum in the first place.
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
MetalWarrior95
Trained
Trained

Post by MetalWarrior95 »

Well Earth 2150 was mostly popular by turkish audience even if the game was made by polish developer that is created Two Worlds and now they are creating Two Worlds 2
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

MetalWarrior95 wrote:Well Earth 2150 was mostly popular by turkish audience even if the game was made by polish developer that is created Two Worlds and now they are creating Two Worlds 2
When was the last time that you played a game of Warzone2100?
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
MetalWarrior95
Trained
Trained

Post by MetalWarrior95 »

Yesterday...And Earth 2150 also...Well E2150 dont have infranty because its full 3D game but because of limits no infrantry but the game and cutscenes were supreme...
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

So you're basically saying E2150 looks nicer than WZ2100? There's a lot of UI work going in to WZ v3.0 which is making it look much nicer. A lot of the graphics are still from the original release many years ago, which is why they look dated, but over time they will get better. Remember that WZ is now an open source project so people are just working on it in their spare time, they aren't getting paid to work on it 8+ hours day like commercial games.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
Kacen
Trained
Trained

Post by Kacen »

I've actually been playing The Moon Project recently.

Earth 2150 is a great game, and I don't think it's "better" or "worse" than Warzone...they're both great games.