IDEA: Pop-up turrets

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
adimosh
Greenhorn

IDEA: Pop-up turrets

Post by adimosh »

I'd like to suggest pop-up turrets for the game.

What these pop-up turrets would do is have a normal firing range and a proximity range (which would be significantly lower than the firing range). These pop-up turrets, when idle, would be hidden in the ground and undetectable by any means. Once an enemy unit ventures within their proximity range, they would pop out, become detectable, and start firing.

The reason behind this idea is that I can't get enough ambushing capabilities out of the current game (don't get me wrong, ambushing units in crevices or valleys with some incendiary mortar/howitzer is cool, but it is not enough). Having a large troop of units suddenly realize they are in the middle of a firing zone and are about to get completely destroyed would simply be cool.

When playing campaign, on gamma site, I liked the idea of the gamma squad suddenly revealing that they have been turned by Nexus and are, in fact, enemies... I miss that "OMG I've been tricked, RETREAT !!!" sensation in skirmish games.

I'd like some thoughts on this idea.
macuser
Regular
Regular

Re: IDEA: Pop-up turrets

Post by macuser »

How bout a minefield ;)
ArtRev Website

ImageImage

System: AMD Phenom II x4, 4GB RAM, 640GB HD, Nvidia GeForce GT 240 1GB, Mac OS X 10.6
adimosh
Greenhorn

Post by adimosh »

Yep, a minefield would be good too.
WarTux
Trained
Trained

Post by WarTux »

Mines were implemented back in version 1.12, but were removed for balance reasons. You can still find them in the NTW (Nexus Total War) mod distributed with the game.
Warzone nicknames: WarTux[BDC], ChuckNorris-BDC, DeathStar, etc.
Part of the Black Dragon Clan; apply today, we welcome most! :3
On the Warzone IRC channel you can find me hanging out with the BDC dudes or messing with the bot.
zarulhairee
Trained
Trained

Post by zarulhairee »

mine are stationery defensive weapons... but a pop-up turret is like an tank. set it to not attack enemy then when the enemy come.... boom!!!! just like in the old Starcraft. a flipping machinegun turret
ENEMY OF ENEMY WITHIN ENEMY THAT LIES BETWEEN ENEMY THAT TRIES TO UNFOLD AN ENEMY SO THAT THE ENEMY WILL THINK IT'S ENEMY IS AWAY FROM THE ENEMY HOME WORLD THEN AFTER THE ENEMY WORLD

wanna add me on Google talk? go ahead :D

[email protected]