Anti-Missile System

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
3drts
Trained
Trained

Re: Anti-Missile System

Post by 3drts »

Derogatory basically means insulting.
So a derogatory joke, is basically a joke that is insulting.

The general opinion is that Alto's jokes were insulting/derogatory to other people.

I agree with Alto's general point, but not his way of delivering it.

Ripples aren't much good on low oil maps, for their cost, you could have enough tanks to just go take them out at the source, and you don't even need CB, you can just head in the general direction of incoming fire, until you find them (even quicker if you have vtol)

Ripples are only worth a damn if you have a force/defensive line screening them.
On low oil, you can't afford to have both a massive ripple battery, and a screening force (and even less feasible, is a complete defensive line capable of withstanding enemy attacks).

An anti missile system seems like a terrible idea to me, and even more terrible on a low oil map.
Just kill the enemy ripples.
This sounds about as pointless to me, as EMP hardpoints in multiplayer.
EMP can be fun in skirmish, when combined with nexus link.... but its just not practical in competitive multiplayer
cumandgetit
Trained
Trained

Post by cumandgetit »

delivery is everything in comedy or jokeing. ask any successful, multi-millionaire, stand up. though effective delivery is much harder to do in pure text without benefit of body language and oral inflections - unless you possess the gifts of a Mark Twain or Oscar Wilde. with pure text you need brain surgeon skilz and a 10 pound sledge just won't cut the mustard unless your goal is to bludgeon someone to death which is only fun for the pathologically insane.

on this topic of an anti-missle system (& many other idea proposals floating around for years), m.a.u.v.s would be a fit of more interest in opening up game play to complex maneuver and also make sense within a strict interpretation of wz's back story scenario (of course not strictly micro considering the practicalities of game scale & mouse manipulating). m.a.u.v.s would also shift focus from the domination of the rote build routines (& associated non-combat ui menu clicking) of competitive mp (which has not really changed much in 11 years, in a meta sense, which makes for boredom unless your into bashing newbs) to tactical situational awareness and complex offensive maneuver decision making based on it. this type of shift would likely provoke both derision and reistance even as a mod proposal let alone a change to the base game. it does make for a deeper fun that has to be experienced and cannot be accurately forecast by the blather of just hypothesizing cause and effect as if you were performing thought experiments on the level of Einstein. mind you, I do understand that one man's treasure is an others junk so just consider this comment an off-the-cuff lark of a nose-thumbing nature. ;)
zarulhairee
Trained
Trained

Post by zarulhairee »

Back to the suggestion......
ENEMY OF ENEMY WITHIN ENEMY THAT LIES BETWEEN ENEMY THAT TRIES TO UNFOLD AN ENEMY SO THAT THE ENEMY WILL THINK IT'S ENEMY IS AWAY FROM THE ENEMY HOME WORLD THEN AFTER THE ENEMY WORLD

wanna add me on Google talk? go ahead :D

[email protected]
cumandgetit
Trained
Trained

Post by cumandgetit »

zarulhairee wrote:Back to the suggestion......
let me translate.

nobody is interested in making this as a mod let alone change the base game. of course you could always make the mod yourself.

many suggestions & ideas in this forum can be done as mods to test viability but talk for or against is prefered over doing.
zarulhairee
Trained
Trained

Post by zarulhairee »

then the Anti-Missile system is a complete reject... now lets all go to next suggestion. :D
ENEMY OF ENEMY WITHIN ENEMY THAT LIES BETWEEN ENEMY THAT TRIES TO UNFOLD AN ENEMY SO THAT THE ENEMY WILL THINK IT'S ENEMY IS AWAY FROM THE ENEMY HOME WORLD THEN AFTER THE ENEMY WORLD

wanna add me on Google talk? go ahead :D

[email protected]
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Post by Black Project »

zarulhairee wrote:then the Anti-Missile system is a complete reject...
You're right. This idea has been rejected. Good players that know how to counter artillery don't need Anti-Missile System. :lecture:

I gotta make a question to Zillaxwafer: for what reason you had reach the conclusion of requesting the Anti-Missile System feature for the Warzone? Did you play NTW often, which tends to mess with balance a lot and where mostly tends to happens Ripple Wars?
zarulhairee wrote:...now lets all go to next suggestion. :D
Hmm... i have no ideas. :hmm:

BP
sjkcm2
Greenhorn

Post by sjkcm2 »

i think it's an awsome idea chainguns,lasers and missiles the 3 things i like most.

i hope this goes to the next warzone setup
Bethrezen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bethrezen »

hi

that's not actually a bad idea assuming that its possible if it is i have a slight variation to that idea a mobile anti rocket/missile support turret kinda like a mini lassat system that's designed for local defense instead of intercontinental defense and instead of being on a satellite its mounted in a support turret similar in nature to the command turret

this one isn't designed to stop artillery this is designed to protect you from attack by lancers, tank killers and scourge missiles because these are so powerful that they will crack open even heavily armored units in seconds so bring along a few of these anti missile system with your ground units and they will fire a lazer that will detonate the rocket/missile before it hits your units

as this unit is a lazer its shot speed would be instant and its accuracy would be all most 100% but to stop it being to overpowered it would have a relativity slow recharge rate say about 1/3 slower then the fire rate of a scourge missile launcher i think would be a good starting point and then after testing it could be adjusted up or down depending on how it plays

what ya think?
Brisingr
Trained
Trained

Post by Brisingr »

I think this would be a good idea for the NTW mod (Nuclear missle...).

But here is a little spin of idea (really little) how about a missle salo that shoots down the Las-Sat in space?
Missle take half an hour to load, but that's because there will be a limited amount of Las-Sat's and everytime on is destroyed the Las-Sat linkup takes longer to load.

Basicly im saying this idea would be good for a anti-superweapon role.

And also cant the AA weapons "attempt" to shoot down missles?
The world will only achive peace through the fire of war.
Bethrezen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bethrezen »

isn't that unnecessary ?? because you can prevent the player from using lassat against you by blowing up the satellite up link facility which means that they have no way to communicate with the lassat and are therefore unable to fire them the same way that blowing up the ion cannon uplink in c&c prevents the use of the ion cannon

not to mention the fact that the idea is kinda flawed because the player will just use the lassat to strike and destroy your anti lassat missile silo before it can fire
And also cant the AA weapons "attempt" to shoot down missles?
that might work if you where trying to take out long range missiles like for example a cruise missile but that's not we are trying to stop what we are trying to stop is more like a stinger missile fired from short range from a hand held launcher so that wouldn't work at least not conceptually i guess programmatically it could be possible though