Pintle weapons

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
franek12354
Trained
Trained

Re: Pintle weapons

Post by franek12354 »

I use Collective weapons as I have get this I use tiger on combat ones leopard on trucks and pather on VTOLS they effective kinetic armor
3drts
Trained
Trained

Post by 3drts »

And I'm guessing If I played you online, I'd massacre you with New Paradigmn units.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

3drts wrote:And I'm guessing If I played you online, I'd massacre you with New Paradigmn units.
Aw, man, I missed you, 3drts.
franek12354
Trained
Trained

Post by franek12354 »

new paradigm is also good but I use collective ones for reason :wink: I hardly use NEXUS ONES
Kacen
Trained
Trained

Post by Kacen »

3drts wrote:I was thinking.... people almost never use collective bodies online....
(ive seen some tiger artillery tanks on high oil maps that degenerated into ripple and ground shaker wars (I think VTOL was off)
The problem with collective bodies in general is the fact that they are not cost effective AT ALL.

First of all, by all accounts, the Leopard is 100% useless. The Scorpion is in EVERY WAY better.

It's faster, slightly more armored, better thermal armor, and it's actually slightly cheaper.

There is no reason at any point to produce the Leopard body. (Which is sad because it's actually the only Collective body that I like aesthetically; the Panther looks like a god damned box and the Tiger has an awful and very weird texture.)

The Panther and Tiger suffer from a poor cost-effectiveness ratio. Yes until you get the Nexus bodies they're the most armored bodies you have but their engines are so horrendously underpowered.

A Tiger Tank is completely incompetent at an attack. I only find myself using them for defense...in a desperate situation. Normally I'd built hardpoints.

They just don't have the mobility.

The Mantis is probably the most well-rounded body for almost any task, and I find Project bodies to be cost-effective for artillery; artillery are expensive, but priority targets, yet stay in the back and not in direct conflict, so Project bodies are a good trade-off and help offset the typically high-cost of the artillery.

For me there is little to no niche for Collective bodies. Just so slow they render any advantage useless.
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

Kacen wrote:The problem with collective bodies in general is the fact that they are not cost effective AT ALL.

First of all, by all accounts, the Leopard is 100% useless. The Scorpion is in EVERY WAY better.

It's faster, slightly more armored, better thermal armor, and it's actually slightly cheaper.

There is no reason at any point to produce the Leopard body. (Which is sad because it's actually the only Collective body that I like aesthetically; the Panther looks like a god damned box and the Tiger has an awful and very weird texture.)

The Panther and Tiger suffer from a poor cost-effectiveness ratio. Yes until you get the Nexus bodies they're the most armored bodies you have but their engines are so horrendously underpowered.

A Tiger Tank is completely incompetent at an attack. I only find myself using them for defense...in a desperate situation. Normally I'd built hardpoints.

They just don't have the mobility.

The Mantis is probably the most well-rounded body for almost any task, and I find Project bodies to be cost-effective for artillery; artillery are expensive, but priority targets, yet stay in the back and not in direct conflict, so Project bodies are a good trade-off and help offset the typically high-cost of the artillery.

For me there is little to no niche for Collective bodies. Just so slow they render any advantage useless.
Agreed in all points. Maybe Zarel could have a visit to them in one of his rebalances...
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Shields. On Collective bodies! :D

Sorry, other than that, I don't have many ideas. Maybe make Leopard cheaper.
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

Zarel wrote:Sorry, other than that, I don't have many ideas. Maybe make Leopard cheaper.
What about making Collective bodies stay with their shity engines, but make them be much stronger?