Traps and Waterfalls

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Re: Traps and Waterfalls

Post by lav_coyote25 »

Roux Le Corps wrote:mines would be built from specialized tank i assume ?

cyborg!! actually very neat . cyborg will place a 4by pattern. and then go to another spot and place another 4by pattern. can do a lot of placements in a very short time. :3 :3 :3 :3
DTSX
Trained
Trained

Post by DTSX »

I was working on it and it's surprisingly easy to do what I planned on. I edited a weapons text and a unit text, but the issue I'm currently facing is that I don't have a Mine tech tree that I could follow up with since in the original files, mine technology follows the howitzer technology which is much later on. Even if I link it to the MG tech, I want a certain tech to allow the user to build suicide bombers. Here's the weapon stats.

SuicideMine,Level One,
5,10,100,1,0,100,GNLMG1.PIE,TRLMG1.PIE,FXLMgun.pie,FXTracer.pie,fxgrdexS.pie,fxgrdexS.pie,fxgrdexS.pie,
0,50,50,100,100,10,1,0,0,300,160,150,10,0,100,256,10,100,-1,20,NO,HEAT,FLAME,DIRECT,FLAMER,180,90,-60,YES,NO,0,0,YES,250,100,0,0,0

I used the previous mine files, but if I really want to implement it, I need to do a test where 1 MG fights 1 suicide bomber. Basically, what I want it to equate to is that 1 MG can kill 1 suicide bomber, but 2 MGs will lose to 3 suicide bombers. Basically, the ratio is 1:1.5, it'll add a nice little early game battle. Late game is another question. I'm not sure if I should "evolve" the suicide bomber.

Essentially, I was thinking that the player is allowed to use "mobile" bombs as a turret, much like the truck or command unit. The problem here is that what would prevent the player from just tacking that on a hover and a decent body? My only idea to counter that is to make the mobile bomb turret extremely powerful, but also really heavy.
Lancefighter
Trained
Trained

Post by Lancefighter »

What if we, say, made weapons able to hurt the unit they are mounted on?
Roux Le Corps
Regular
Regular

Post by Roux Le Corps »

its a bomb exploding on its back, im sure it would hurt, unless you mean degrading over time?
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

JoshDoW: If you found part of my last post cryptic I'm sure you will be able to discern the pattern clearly here & understand the why of the lowly 5% - which will drop even more. Some differences are fundamentally unbridgable but at least in RL there may be enough incentive to tolerate the apalling were as here that would make as much sense as banging your head against a cement wall or beating a dead horse into the ground - a form of insanity, I have no doubt.

- Regards, RV :cool:

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
DTSX
Trained
Trained

Post by DTSX »

^ I have no idea of what to make of it. :lol2:

But I'm going to work on a clearly defined spreadsheet version of all the mod files, that way everyone has an easier time trying to edit them. Perhaps we'll find a new code somewhere then.

EDIT: I mean the names and stuff of in-game files to make it easier to navigate
Last edited by DTSX on 04 Aug 2010, 07:15, edited 1 time in total.
Lancefighter
Trained
Trained

Post by Lancefighter »

well theres currently no support for weapons that intentionally hurt the unit they are fired from, it has to be done through aoe damage..
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

ok , i had to go back in time and find these pics from 2004. they are not very good as they have pixel rot. :lol2: :lol2:
Attachments
sniperborg.jpg
sniperborg.jpg (3.63 KiB) Viewed 3591 times
howitzercyborg.jpg
howitzercyborg.jpg (3.96 KiB) Viewed 3591 times
cyborg_minesweeper.jpg
cyborg_minesweeper.jpg (4.11 KiB) Viewed 3591 times
cyborg_minelayer.jpg
cyborg_minelayer.jpg (4.04 KiB) Viewed 3591 times
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

Rman Virgil wrote:.

JoshDoW: If you found part of my last post cryptic I'm sure you will be able to discern the pattern clearly here & understand the why of the lowly 5% - which will drop even more. Some differences are fundamentally unbridgable but at least in RL there may be enough incentive to tolerate the apalling were as here that would make as much sense as banging your head against a cement wall or beating a dead horse into the ground - a form of insanity, I have no doubt.

- Regards, RV :cool:

:) You made yourself perfectly clear. Well, at least this time, you didn't use words that weren't in my vocabulary. But it's I who should be blamed for when that happens. :D

EDIT: I mean it's I who should be blamed if I don't know the words you use. Just to clarify that. :wink:
Last edited by JDW on 04 Aug 2010, 16:03, edited 1 time in total.
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
Roux Le Corps
Regular
Regular

Post by Roux Le Corps »

sniper borg looks like it has the towers from the power plant add-on :\ tesla borg? xD