Perks

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Verin
Trained
Trained

Re: Perks

Post by Verin »

The command relay center. perhaps clicking on it will open up a menu that allows you to boost unit speed, strength, line of sight, etc. for say, 15-30 seconds
My multiplayer name is Verin
Usually in ideas and suggestions.
I Am also an ASE certified technician.
Roux Le Corps
Regular
Regular

Post by Roux Le Corps »

that would require a cool off period so you dont abuse it, although the possibilities to boost your assault at the last second with this is a promising idea ^_^
Assault Gunner
Trained
Trained

Post by Assault Gunner »

Or put a chrono boost-type ability on the Command Relay center, allowing you to finish buildings, researches, and units quicker, but with a fairly long cooldown. No saving up chrono boosts. While micro intensive, this is really a macro ability. Perhaps it could be called "Assign additional resources". I dunno, you guys come up with a name.
"There is no greater Void than the one between your ears." - Void Ray, StarCraft 2.
Especially the Void between the ears of people who think that No VTOL is a good idea, and won't lead to arty wars. I've won one, and I have to say: I hated it.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Assault Gunner wrote:While micro intensive, this is really a macro ability.
...what does this mean
Roux Le Corps
Regular
Regular

Post by Roux Le Corps »

you micro to use it, but once done it help macro?
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Roux Le Corps wrote:you micro to use it, but once done it help macro?
...erm. I guess that's technically true, but only in the sense of "all micro affects macro, and all macro affects micro".

This sort of micromanagement doesn't affect your macro play any more than any other sort of microing does. Microing affects macro play, because, if it didn't, it wouldn't affect whether you won or lost at all, so no one would do it.
Roux Le Corps
Regular
Regular

Post by Roux Le Corps »

^_^ your the dev, in the end its your call as to whether its a good plan or not (unless of course, a modder wants to try their hand)
Assault Gunner
Trained
Trained

Post by Assault Gunner »

Sorry, what I mean is that it boosts your macro (building units, your base, etc) by a lot, but requires a lot of micromanagement to utilize to the fullest of its potential. :p My bad.
"There is no greater Void than the one between your ears." - Void Ray, StarCraft 2.
Especially the Void between the ears of people who think that No VTOL is a good idea, and won't lead to arty wars. I've won one, and I have to say: I hated it.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Assault Gunner wrote:Sorry, what I mean is that it boosts your macro (building units, your base, etc) by a lot, but requires a lot of micromanagement to utilize to the fullest of its potential. :p My bad.
Okay, that's clearer, thanks.