Commanders Tank/Hero

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Claydoe
Trained
Trained

Commanders Tank/Hero

Post by Claydoe »

Idea just popped into my head! :idea:
What if there is like a Hero tank! Kind of like in Majesty. (If you have ever played it)
Have a main unit that is able to Level differently than other units. Being able to apply skill points and such.

If this is confusing - I apologize... :augh:
Having a hard time trying to explain what im thinking. XD
Design - Deploy - Destroy
KukY
Regular
Regular

Re: Commanders Tank/Hero

Post by KukY »

I also had that idea in my head, but I think heroes would look strange in tec game like WZ. They are more magic...
Claydoe
Trained
Trained

Post by Claydoe »

Eh.... Yea I could see that. :hmm:
But then again, we have cyborgs, trucks that build stuff with lasers, synaptic links, etc... :lecture:
Doesn't really have to be like "Leveling" but could be more like having higher statistic enhancement to parts of the unit.
More like Perks. 8)

Calling it a Hero does make it sound more fantasy-ish though. :?
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

Hmmm... I haven't played Majesty, someone care to elaborate more on this idea please (if it's not too much trouble)?
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
Claydoe
Trained
Trained

Post by Claydoe »

Majesty may not be the best example..... hmm
Ah! :idea: Kind of like in Warcraft 3! The hero character!

From Wiki:
In addition, Warcraft III adds powerful new units called heroes. For each enemy unit killed, a hero will gain experience points, which allow the hero to level-up to a maximum level of 10. Progressing up a level increases the heroes attributes and also allows the hero to gain new spell options (bringing RPG elements to the series).[10] Certain hero abilities can apply beneficial auras to allied units. All heroes can equip items to increase skills, defense, and other abilities. At level six, the hero can obtain an "ultimate" skill that is more powerful than the three other spells that the hero possesses. Heroes can also utilize the various natural resources found throughout the map, such as controllable non-player characters, and markets in which the hero can purchase usable items.[11] Often, the playing style of ones hero units (it is bound up to three at one time) decides who wins or loses the match/battle.
Kinda of like this, not with all the magic and items, but more like having a unit that stands out from the rest. :D
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

...we already have commanders? And they already have experience.
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

Ok, I think I get it now. I think you're talking about heroes like in Age of Mythology (Ajax, Achilles, Agamemnon etc.)? Heroes with specialization seem very valuable, and probably losing them is going to be a very painful experience for the gamer. :cry:

They would need like super armor. :hmm:
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

Zarel wrote:...we already have commanders? And they already have experience.
Regular units also have expirience. And he is not talking about commanders, but about kind of special unit which may have something common with commanders.
j0shdrunk0nwar wrote:Heroes with specialization seem very valuable, and probably losing them is going to be a very painful experience for the gamer. :cry:
Well, you could always 'revive' them...
j0shdrunk0nwar wrote:They would need like super armor. :hmm:
They shouldn't be much stronger then regular units.
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

KukY wrote:
j0shdrunk0nwar wrote:Heroes with specialization seem very valuable, and probably losing them is going to be a very painful experience for the gamer. :cry:
Well, you could always 'revive' them...
Oh that's right! Sorry, it's been ages since I played Age of Mythology. :D

EDIT: I'm not sure how WZ units could be revived, nanotechnology based nano-bots? :hmm:
-- Ambrose Bierce
Claydoe
Trained
Trained

Post by Claydoe »

Rebuild, Retrained, Re Deployed? lol
Brisingr
Trained
Trained

Post by Brisingr »

At first I thought you was going on about having rank add ons.

As in when a unit gains rank it can have something added to it like a rocket engine to increase speed or weapon tech upgrade (like a heavy MG gets a Napalm Rounds Upgrade) you know like unique retro fitting upgrades (All the Factions are kind of scavengers).

But now Im thinking of a kind of experiment like units that have untested tech on them.

But thinking about it these^^^ seem like good ideas anyway :lol2:
The world will only achive peace through the fire of war.
DTSX
Trained
Trained

Post by DTSX »

the question is as to whether we can implement this- I'm more in favor of Sins of a Solar Empire style hero units. One giant behemoth, but always has a clear weakness.
Assault Gunner
Trained
Trained

Post by Assault Gunner »

Do you mean like the Experimental/Prototype units in SupCom?
"There is no greater Void than the one between your ears." - Void Ray, StarCraft 2.
Especially the Void between the ears of people who think that No VTOL is a good idea, and won't lead to arty wars. I've won one, and I have to say: I hated it.