CAPTURE THE FLAG / ONSLAUGHT

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Ender_7
Greenhorn

CAPTURE THE FLAG / ONSLAUGHT

Post by Ender_7 »

Similar idea to the Quake III capture the flag. Maybe commanders can be the only units to capture the flag.

Onslaught would be something similar to Unreal Tournaments 2004 Onslaught. Where commanders can capture nodes throughout the map to give bonus research/energy. Or whatever :)

Just some ideas I just came up while playing a game with fastdeath just now.
Cant Touch This!
JDW
Regular
Regular

Re: CAPTURE THE FLAG / ONSLAUGHT

Post by JDW »

Very interesting. That would mean bringing the concept of Respawning into WZ2100, and I think it would still come under Real-Time-Strategy.

But what about the bases? Would the players have no bases and only units to manage? If there will be bases, what would happen when an opponent's base is completely annihilated, would his base just respawn? Or have a point (looking like an LZ) where the units would have to bring back the flag to, to register a win? Could even be the center of the area around which they respawn.

Again, interesting idea Ender_7. I used to enjoy Capture the Flag in UT.
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
Ender_7
Greenhorn

Post by Ender_7 »

Now its up you developers to take this idea and mold it into something completely new that is unique only to Warzone2100.

Whatever works and is easiest to code and most fun to play. :)
Cant Touch This!
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

Ender_7 wrote:Now its up you developers to take this idea and mold it into something completely new
Yes, if the developers of the project (Project staff) like the idea. But in the mean time, as the community, we can give them our suggestions and opinions, or possibly even contribute by coding. :wink:
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

When work on Lua is done, this and many more stuff will be possible.
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

Ender_7 wrote: Maybe commanders can be the only units to capture the flag.
IMO, Commanders already have a more important role to play, that of co-ordinating attacks, perhaps some other unit for this job?
Ender_7 wrote:Where commanders can capture nodes throughout the map to give bonus research/energy.
:hmm: This is something like what the existing games already have, artifacts for research, and oil drums for energy.
-- Ambrose Bierce
Ubermad
Trained
Trained

Post by Ubermad »

i have played CTF in multiple FPS games, but not in any RTS games. the idea seems new and fun. if i could coding i would help allot to develop this, but i can't coding so ill just give my support to this idea :)
yay, lolcakez! *omnomnomnom*
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

Ubermad wrote:i have played CTF in multiple FPS games, but not in any RTS games. the idea seems new and fun.
I agree. :)
Ubermad wrote:if i could coding i would help allot to develop this, but i can't coding so ill just give my support to this idea :)
If coding is not your cup of team, then there is Testing that is also a form of contrbution. :wink:
-- Ambrose Bierce
Saberuneko
Regular
Regular

Post by Saberuneko »

Looks good... Hmm, now thinking... For not having to make flags and stuff... Why don't do some "capture the artifact"?
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

Saberuneko wrote:Looks good... Hmm, now thinking... For not having to make flags and stuff... Why don't do some "capture the artifact"?
Same thing.
Roux Le Corps
Regular
Regular

Post by Roux Le Corps »

king of the hill while we are at it? like capturing the sat uplink centre? in campaign?
BlueMaxima
Trained
Trained

Post by BlueMaxima »

Didn't I already post this idea?

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4414
Bring back...ducks!
Ubermad
Trained
Trained

Post by Ubermad »

BlueMaxima wrote:Didn't I already post this idea?

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4414
looks like it XD
yay, lolcakez! *omnomnomnom*
Crymson
Trained
Trained

Post by Crymson »

KukY wrote:When work on Lua is done, this and many more stuff will be possible.
How do you figure?
DTSX
Trained
Trained

Post by DTSX »

Lua offers a lot of ease in coding- at least from what I learned-

As for CTF, what if we go by normal bases, but perhaps spawn based combat- like AI units spawn and attack each other to make the entire battle seem that much more epic.