No synchronized research for teams (option)

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Sonsalt
Trained
Trained

No synchronized research for teams (option)

Post by Sonsalt »

Hi,

Currently it is not possible do disable the team research.
However when playing on uneven teams, like me against 3 Ais, the AIs have the advantage of research, due to the fact that they all research together.

Another idea behind this separated research concept is that each player on a team can focus on a specific tech tree.

There should be some sort of option within the skirmish and MP menu that allows synchronized research or not.
JDW
Regular
Regular

Re: No synchronized research for teams (option)

Post by JDW »

Sonsalt wrote:However when playing on uneven teams, like me against 3 Ais, the AIs have the advantage of research, due to the fact that they all research together.
Since they are a team, then they are supposed to be researching together, right? Anyway, I still understand your pain when you feel like you're not only outnumbered, but outpaced.

Having an option to select between team and individual research would be better, though.
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
Sonsalt
Trained
Trained

Re: No synchronized research for teams (option)

Post by Sonsalt »

That is exactly the point, it should be an option to choose.

It makes the game more tactical, since one has to choose what weapons to research and to upgrade.

I don't think such an option will be too hard to implement