Oil Derricks

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Dylan Hsu
Banned
Banned

Re: Oil Derricks

Post by Dylan Hsu »

Please be aware that the actual derrick towers are only used for the initial drilling process to obtain a nice bore into the terrain. Once a well is drilled, pump jacks are the common method to extract oil. Rather than change the model, we should change the name, if anything..
Verin wrote:Maybe not so much as double the production, maybe multiply it by 1.4 each upgrade, but focus on increasing it's armor and hp.
Yes, I think a smaller factor for each upgrade might be more reasonable, but strengthened derricks definitely need to be added. I wonder if anybody wants to try modelling upgraded derricks...? Maybe a small hardcrete foundation and one pressure tank for the first upgrade and an expanded hardcrete foundation and two pressure tanks for the second upgrade. If anyone comes up with anything I would assume here is the best place to post.
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

Dylan Hsu wrote:I wonder if anybody wants to try modelling upgraded derricks...? Maybe a small hardcrete foundation and one pressure tank for the first upgrade and an expanded hardcrete foundation and two pressure tanks for the second upgrade. If anyone comes up with anything I would assume here is the best place to post.
I think the best place to see if anyone would be interested to make new models/upgrades would be the Artwork section.
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
Assault Gunner
Trained
Trained

Post by Assault Gunner »

Unfortunately, this is not StarCraft, or StarCraft II. We do not have a proffesional team of developers whose careers depend on the success/failure of the game, and who are working on this in their spare time. Be grateful for what the can do. Also, this is a completely different friggin game from SC, or any other game with multiple resources. Namely, it is macro-based, not micro-based. If you want to talk about SC, then send me a PM.
"There is no greater Void than the one between your ears." - Void Ray, StarCraft 2.
Especially the Void between the ears of people who think that No VTOL is a good idea, and won't lead to arty wars. I've won one, and I have to say: I hated it.