VTOL sensor turret

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
theArmourer
Trained
Trained

VTOL sensor turret

Post by theArmourer »

I think that I have seen this mentioned a few times, but I haven't seen a thread for this. Would it be possible to make a turret that can detect VTOLs and send your VTOLs after them? Related to this, would it also be possible to have all kinds of sensors stagger fire and/or alternate fire between incoming units? My guess is no, but I don't know much.
~theArmourer
Tenoh
Trained
Trained

Re: VTOL sensor turret

Post by Tenoh »

Vtol sensor would be pointless, you cant even keep ground base sensor unit alive for long and vtol unit will be imposable.
"No, you don't want to buy this Sh[beep]t from me. It shoots sideways, it was built by retard zombies in some f[beep]king outreach program." HL:G
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Patrolling works well enough...
Tenoh
Trained
Trained

Post by Tenoh »

Zarel wrote:Patrolling works well enough...
Hmm.. never tryed that,sounds good!
"No, you don't want to buy this Sh[beep]t from me. It shoots sideways, it was built by retard zombies in some f[beep]king outreach program." HL:G
kringled
Trained
Trained

Post by kringled »

Zarel wrote:Patrolling works well enough...
Patrolling works well when all the area I need to cover is in a more-or-less linear swath. Are there good ways to set up a patrol over a more complicated path, to cover something more like a square/circular area?

Keith
stiv
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by stiv »

Are there good ways to set up a patrol over a more complicated path, to cover something more like a square/circular area?
Like a button you could push to make the vtol circle around a given point?
kringled
Trained
Trained

Post by kringled »

Yes, but the circle order doesn't work quite like the patrol order, at least the last time I tried it - I think the issue was that units that need to re-arm or repair remain at/near their pad when they are done, rather than returning to the circle they were previously flying. If I was doing something wrong or that's been fixed in a way, I'm happy to give it another try.

Keith
Wibble199
Trained
Trained

Post by Wibble199 »

My problem with making them circle was that they didn't fire at any units just flyed round :hmm:
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

kringled wrote:Yes, but the circle order doesn't work quite like the patrol order, at least the last time I tried it - I think the issue was that units that need to re-arm or repair remain at/near their pad when they are done, rather than returning to the circle they were previously flying.
Wibble199 wrote:My problem with making them circle was that they didn't fire at any units just flyed round :hmm:
Even I experienced both these issues, however they did fire on enemy units on some rare occasions, but more often than not, they just flew directly above the enemy ground units without harming them, even when they were well within their range.

The patch that added the Circle order states
-new ORDER_CIRCLE VTOL command - will defend a certain position flying over it and engaging enemies nearby
Could someone please help clarify whether this was intentionally coded into the game, or if it is a probable bug?
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce