Just a couple of suggestions..

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Nameless
Trained
Trained

Just a couple of suggestions..

Post by Nameless »

Just a couple of suggestions if I may..

Suggestion One;
How giving players (such as me) who run WZ with a 1280 x 800 resolution (and above) the option of enlarging the menu interface(s)?? Or even more ambitious; redesigning the look of said interfaces?

Suggestion Two;
Although this idea isn't really mine (a fellow WZ player originally came up with the idea) and I personally believe this would be too large of an undertaking..; Adding a new unit "component" that allow basic Terra-forming.

..Just my 2 cents. :D :D
If you're reading this; you're awesome.
Roux Le Corps
Regular
Regular

Re: Just a couple of suggestions..

Post by Roux Le Corps »

hmm... menu interface shouldn't be too hard, but i think the terra-forming bit would be a massive code issue, how would it do tiles and such? flatten increase and decrease yeah? then have the different tiles themselves green tiles red tiles etc etc?
Nameless
Trained
Trained

Re: Just a couple of suggestions..

Post by Nameless »

Considering that they terra-forming was devised under one of those "Y'know what would be cool?" moments. I'd say the way the terra-forming would be accomplished would be much akin to how Trucks 'build up' and 'build down' structures.

Not sure if this is the case for WZ.. and this completely oversimplify it; but I've heard that sometimes other game engines are built so that it'll renders game-play tile by tile and if WZ does indeed do so.. "simply" add functions (or such) that allow manipulation of said tiles during full-on game-play.

But as I said before; it probably WOULD be (too much) a massive code issue.. something akin to re-writing the WZ engine from scratch :):)

As for the menu interface; I have no idea how WZ does what it does, but me thinks a general option for enlargement or user-end manipulation would be something much easier accomplished.
If you're reading this; you're awesome.