VASTER VISTAS

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
5carhaloface
Rookie
Rookie

VASTER VISTAS

Post by 5carhaloface »

how about being able to see farther down the map when u have the camera at that certain angle
Saberuneko
Regular
Regular

Re: VASTER VISTAS

Post by Saberuneko »

This has been asked lots of times, the distance of view has been increased various times... Why does people want more again and again, (If the distance is increased each time it's asked, you would be able to see the whole planet earth in-game, for god's sake...)
Emdek
Regular
Regular

Post by Emdek »

It could be finally "infinite" (stopped when full map is shown). ;-)
But as far as I know the main problem for this is performance.
Nadszedł już czas, najwyższy czas, nienawiść zniszczyć w sobie.
The time has come, the high time, to destroy hatred in oneself.

Beware! Mad Qt Evangelist.
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

It is increased a bit more in trunk, but again the limiting factor is mostly performance. There is also a problem that some models get really hard to look at when you zoom out too much, and we would eventually need some kind of level of detail support.
5carhaloface
Rookie
Rookie

Post by 5carhaloface »

ok true true all that didnt plAY a fact in my statement but still if all those bugs were fixed up u knw they should just make a part two where Nexus wasnt all destroyed where just a shred of his code was left un destroyed and he replicated himself bak to wat he was 10 fold that would be awesom but then i think the story would start to seem like the terminator story machines vs humans still that concept is awesome

Translation: You are correct; I did not think of that when I made my earlier statement, and so I rescind it.

However, I have a new idea: We should make a sequel to Warzone in which the plot is that Nexus was not completely destroyed during the events of the original game, and it becomes ten times as powerful as it was original.
Last edited by Zarel on 05 May 2010, 11:28, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added translation
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

excellent translation. :lecture:
5carhaloface
Rookie
Rookie

Post by 5carhaloface »

What? are we to type as if we were typing our resumes? just asking don't mean to offend anybody.
Emdek
Regular
Regular

Post by Emdek »

No, but wrote neatly enough to be understood by others (at least try to get close to native speakers). ;-)
Nadszedł już czas, najwyższy czas, nienawiść zniszczyć w sobie.
The time has come, the high time, to destroy hatred in oneself.

Beware! Mad Qt Evangelist.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

5carhaloface wrote:What? are we to type as if we were typing our resumes? just asking don't mean to offend anybody.
No, but coherence would be nice. I have to spend several minutes before I understand one of your posts (while I can skim through most others in seconds). I provide translations so that others do not have to waste so much time trying to figure out what you're trying to say; the same reason I provide translations for posts written in foreign languages.
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

Zarel wrote:posts written in foreign languages.
Those, and posts wrote in incoherent english, translated word-by-word from other languages, I daresay, should be the only cases that needed such translations.

The deal is this: If you spend thirty seconds in every post to write it properly, many people won't have to spend thirty or more seconds to understand what you posted. 138 members viewed this post - if you think about it, the time that all of those people wasted, because they couldn't understand your post in the first read-through, surely is more than you used to write all of your posts, as a whole.

It is a matter of compassion.

~Olrox
5carhaloface
Rookie
Rookie

Post by 5carhaloface »

Wait so this forum is translated into other languges???? oh Im so sorry iI didn't know.