Some ideas

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Axel2003
Greenhorn

Some ideas

Post by Axel2003 »

Now warzone goes to ver 3.0 and i hear from some players have some bother play it!!! Some time along i think about some ideas to make warzone more interesting and more not ordinary, previous.

1) Time to introduce somesthing new in gameplay (new weapons,new type of upgrades(decrese costs or increase range of fire),...)
2) I offer set in MP and skirmish mode random tech which are distributed by one everyone player. This tech cannot discovered by reserching by other players, its unique tech, its may only captured. The amount of this tech about 30~40 (every game must be unique, different, player no have chance foresee which tech he receive). Every tech have some sub tree of reserching. For example special power generator module(which remove standart module) with special power upgrade, or special twin mini rocket with additionally minirocket rof upgrade, or special sensor,...
3)Need add upgraded comand turret to play in T3 games (standart turret have small range relative with gaus or scourge).
4)players can switch off previous if dont want previous effects.
5) later if you are interesting
6)sorry for my english
kringled
Trained
Trained

Re: Some ideas

Post by kringled »

As far as point 3 goes, command turrets can be upgraded in skirmish/MP in 2.3.0. The upgrades increase damage slightly and range, as well as commander hp. See http://guide.wz2100.net/w/.
Keeping track of which commanders have been upgraded could be tricky, though.

Keith
Dalton
Trained
Trained

Post by Dalton »

Axel2003 wrote:1) Time to introduce somesthing new in gameplay (new weapons,new type of upgrades(decrese costs or increase range of fire),...)
Balances have been changed throughout the betas cannons stronger and rockets were nerfed is the major change.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

kringled wrote:As far as point 3 goes, command turrets can be upgraded in skirmish/MP in 2.3.0. The upgrades increase damage slightly and range, as well as commander hp. See http://guide.wz2100.net/w/.
They're presumably renamed when upgraded. Assuming you keep the default names, you should have something like "Command Turret III Mantis Tracks"
kringled
Trained
Trained

Post by kringled »

Zarel wrote:
kringled wrote:As far as point 3 goes, command turrets can be upgraded in skirmish/MP in 2.3.0. The upgrades increase damage slightly and range, as well as commander hp. See http://guide.wz2100.net/w/.
They're presumably renamed when upgraded. Assuming you keep the default names, you should have something like "Command Turret III Mantis Tracks"
Hmm. Actually, it doesn't look like they are in the game I have at hand - Command Turret II (and then III) was researched, but in the design screen it just keeps on saying "Command Turret". I'm not sure if this is a problem with renaming or this is a problem with actually getting the higher command turrets. Since there's no data in the subslots on the design screen for commanders, it's hard for me to tell if there are any damage or range differences, and hp differences are muddied by concurrent alloy research. Let me try again after I create a skirmish game with the stock ai (this game was done with dydo-ai, and I'd like to rule out that that is having an effect).

Keith
Axel2003
Greenhorn

Post by Axel2003 »

Statistic for comand turret now is ok ill try it.
About upgrade i had in view of upgrade by reserching. For now reserching upgredes do not encrease range of fire, or do not decrease cost, or do not added new effects to weapons. For example for mini rockets you may increase not only
damage, accuracy and ROF, bot you can also upgrade also range of fire and added effect of burning. It more diversify of mp games, i think.
And how about 2nd my idea?
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Upgrades that change game balance is bad. Price and range are things you simply shouldn't be messing with.
Axel2003
Greenhorn

Post by Axel2003 »

I do not offer break balance!! i offer make him wider!!! more interesting, complex and more not ordinary!!! That on map do not move same tanks (units) with closer parameters!!! I like warzone for that but same tank at every player its not interesting :augh: !!
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Balance is... a delicate thing. Simply doing what you think will make things "more interesting" without careful regard for its consequences can easily interfere with it. Having several more parameters for upgrading won't make the game better, it will make it less, because it will accelerate the polynomial upgrade progression to unbalanced levels, not to mention add unnecessary complexity to the research tree.

I understand that you are trying to improve the game, but trust me on this.
Axel2003
Greenhorn

Post by Axel2003 »

I know, balance easy to break but difficult to build!! I know that because i do mods not first year, but it does not mean do nothing (new) 8)
P.s. have you some about formula for comparison of parameters?
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Axel2003
Greenhorn

Post by Axel2003 »

That this ? some kind of code. I meant some mathematic formula for comparison of parameters of bodys or weapons.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Erm, yes, there are mathematical formulas in that code.

Really, all you need to know is that DPS is damage times ROF, and the damage formula can be found here: http://guide.wz2100.net/damage
Axel2003
Greenhorn

Post by Axel2003 »

i think about this formulas
Axel2003
Greenhorn

Post by Axel2003 »

Ideas for image improvement:
I offer little bit restyling, make image of warzone more realistic!!! Now (i think) units in game looks like toys for children about 7-11 years old (Without insults please).
Thought such: This warzone tank cant be better thаn other two because first one have less streamline --> Receives more damage, long a trunk tell to us about his accuracy, less than modern and loks more heavier--> slowly!!!
warzone medium cannon
warzone medium cannon
sample.JPG (7.41 KiB) Viewed 4556 times
m1 abrams
m1 abrams
m1_2.jpg (6.91 KiB) Viewed 4556 times
prototype
prototype
057054056051048.jpg (9.53 KiB) Viewed 4556 times