Redo videos

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Re: Redo videos

Post by Merowingg »

Yes I know they were extremely limited. But still the case of changing, or rearranging anything must be thought many times. I know what you mean, your ideas are cool, it was a pleasure to read it, but still we have to maintain some connection, not to accidentally lose "it"

I am not entirely against, i am to smartly approach.
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Sorry for not replying about the files, I'm having quite a busy week at the university.
I'll try to compile a nice package of relevant assets for you guys as I get home.

Note that I usually only distribute my hi-poly original blends on request rather than publicly, because:
-They take up quite a bit of space
-They are not very tidy
-They are not useful to non-artists and the general public
-There's some risk of people stealing stuff and selling it
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
Originway
Trained
Trained

Post by Originway »

thinkcustom wrote:Just created a animation test in HD, let me know what you think.
http://youtu.be/2D-HJgTJFSI
nice job!
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Indeed :)
Made a ~90MB zip with some props/scenery/effects/textures that might be useful. The format is .blend. If anyone is interested, just pm me ;)
ImageImage
Ezio
Trained
Trained

Post by Ezio »

Jorzi wrote:Indeed :)
Made a ~90MB zip with some props/scenery/effects/textures that might be useful. The format is .blend. If anyone is interested, just pm me ;)
thanks, i just try the briefing. it's broke on 1080 :lol2: , so i changed orthographic scale nevermind :| .
can we just render it at 16:10 (or 16:9) then crop it according to FoV :hmm:.

we should probably ask per to add a new repo called remake-sequence or so.some things to consider it's that our sequence player only support ogg and i think it's not a bad idea to keep sticking to ogg due to small file size.

and are you planning on uploading your version to youtube?, since i was planning on uploading it along with some scene that i did
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

I'm using vimeo...
Anyway I have the video in 1080p somewhere on my drive, I can put up a dropbox link once I find it.
ImageImage
thinkcustom
Greenhorn

Post by thinkcustom »

Another quick video- my version of the "briefing commences" bit. (Thanks Jorzi for the moving orbs!)
http://youtu.be/sKIpjwzuH9c

Let me know what you think.

Also working on video list- so we can gather, build and check different videos as we complete them.
This will allow others to contribute part or all of a video. To their ability.
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

I like it, it enhances the coolness factor without taking away from the original design ;)
ImageImage
thinkcustom
Greenhorn

Post by thinkcustom »

Jorzi wrote:I like it, it enhances the coolness factor without taking away from the original design ;)
I think that sums up my vision for this video project. I don't want to remove the vision of the original developers and ruin the experience of those who played when it was released. I just want to make it look and feel more up to date or "cool", So we can give the new and old players a better experience.
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

Great work! That looks much better.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
theArmourer
Trained
Trained

Post by theArmourer »

Dude, you're awesome. And if you keep going like this, you'll be the hero of WZ. :D
~theArmourer
Originway
Trained
Trained

Post by Originway »

thinkcustom you still working on this?
thinkcustom
Greenhorn

Post by thinkcustom »

Yes sorry been really busy the last couple weeks. hope to have some new videos up soon.