Atomic Bomb

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Re: Atomic Bomb

Post by Black Project »

Enabling nukes in the original releases will completely ruin the game balance & turn into a complete PITA to nerf it, since if enabled, the game will turn into a "nuke race", or "who gets the nuke first" :roll: :stare: :annoyed: .

So it's better do it in a mod, if you want, i can make a mod which turns the Laser Sattellite into a Nuclear Missile Silo, it's same way to use but it's a lot more powerful, just don't let the AI build the nuke first or you're screwed up :twisted: :lol2:.

EDIT: Nuke Mod released! viewtopic.php?f=10&p=69159#p69159

Regards BP
MetalWarrior95
Trained
Trained

Post by MetalWarrior95 »

Well nukes should be expensive...think how much costest 1 nuke in ww2...milions and milions of dollars or todays strong euro"s!
Il crush you!If i get crushed,il crush you twice stronger!!If you crush me again,then il blow up your PC!!
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Wisler wrote:Hell if we do get atomic bombs in the game...i think zarel should give more thought to my idea of bringing in the spaceship from independence day.

seriously though everyone thinks "nukes awesome ima go nuke someone" but when you loose all your units and base in 1 second, you will screw at the devs for ever putting it in the game.. :annoyed:
This is exactly what NTW Mod is for. :P People get their "cool stuff" and I don't have to freak out about balance.
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Post by Black Project »

Zarel wrote:This is exactly what NTW Mod is for. :P People get their "cool stuff" and I don't have to freak out about balance.
Seconded.

Actually, NTW Mod is not a mod for balancing purposes, it's more "just for fun" style mod, no matter if balancing is bad or not.
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

Black Project wrote:Actually, NTW Mod is not a mod for balancing purposes, it's more "just for fun" style mod, no matter if balancing is bad or not.
That's what he said.
franek12354
Trained
Trained

Post by franek12354 »

yeah I play NTW if bored with scavenders :lol2: :lol2: and there is mini nuke
MetalWarrior95
Trained
Trained

Post by MetalWarrior95 »

Well its stupid that in campaing there are nukes,just the structure but its stupid that its not usable...well mini nukes v1 and v2 rockets and then final nuke...not large range!
Il crush you!If i get crushed,il crush you twice stronger!!If you crush me again,then il blow up your PC!!
3drts
Trained
Trained

Post by 3drts »

[parody or sarcasm]If we get nukes dropped by VTOLs, we should also get missile silos.

If we get missile silos, we should be able to launch our own laser satelittes into orbit.

If we can put weapons in orbit, we should be able to fight in orbit, so we should add spaceships.

I hear parts of Homeword (from 1999) are open source now, we should add a T4 technolgy tier, where the whole game moves to Space, and if your still in T3 while the enemy is in T4, you can kill their base, but it wont matter, they are building in space and mining asteroids, you cant win unless you get to space too, and fight them there, or you launch a lot of laser sats and take out their T4 space fleet in its infancy, if you wait too long, and the enemy gets ion cannon frigates which will destroy any laser sat you launch, and act as laser sats themselves, and your base gets pummeled from orbit.

Even if you somehow manage to survive this, or the enemy builds space fighters (which can dodge the laser sat strikes if they close the distance such that the sat rotates too slowly) and no beam equipped ships for a while, at the end of T4 is an orbital bombardment doomsday weapon, like the Empire used on Kharak in the third mission of Homeworld, in which case its instant-death for anyone still in T3 and not in space!!!

This is an awesome idea and its stupid if they don't have it, since they have structure models for the missile silos, and weapons in orbit.[/parody or sarcasm]
franek12354
Trained
Trained

Post by franek12354 »

there should get T4 in because maybe yoiu can fight on mars and colonise then my ideas of T4 examples tech

Rockets with satelites
Astonomic centre
spaceships
NUKES
motherboards so is a plate on space
advaced weapons
and more

so as you said there should be T4 but I think there should 2 parts of game T1-T3/4 land earth T4-T7/8 spce but as you leave earth you have to left the baze to AI to secure it then you have to go sapce with nothing researched. First tech will be T4/5 will be Scape gun which is better then other weapons in land ones and firsat plane should be [than wheels wiper machinegun] Space proposion [thi s is nedded for get off to space on early T4 tech tier, into Space proposion Super-viper :P space gun [ laser ]
Germanium
Trained
Trained

Post by Germanium »

actually... why not add a alien race that randomly uses a laser striker and a-bombs from min 5? that would be a nice add to the game...

i totally agree with 3drts ;-)

and while i am at it... why dont you take part in the tournie, franek and black project? that would be awesome. I want to see how bad you are with current techs that you ask for a-bombs and stuff ;-)

oh,... and i like the idea of "motherboards" in orbit :roll:
It is not knowledge, but the act of learning, not possession but the act of getting there, which grants the greatest enjoyment. - Carl Friedrich Gauss
MetalWarrior95
Trained
Trained

Post by MetalWarrior95 »

Thats good idea,the masive appocalypse on earth would made high atention to an hostile alien race,we barely defends our self ingame against nexus...
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Post by Black Project »

Germanium wrote: why dont you take part in the tournie, franek and black project? that would be awesome. I want to see how bad you are with current techs that you ask for a-bombs and stuff ;-)
In first place, i did not asked to have A-Bombs on Warzone, i already feeled that nukes ruins the game-balance. :lecture:

Second, the Nuke Mod was specially for people who always wished a nuke in Warzone, having fun, not to be taken seriously about balancing.

But here comes a question. "BP, if there's people that want a nuke in Warzone and you don't want, the why you have made this Nuke Mod"

The answer is above, my friend and i'm not in that "blacklist" (people who wish a nuke in Warzone) :wink:
I want to see how bad you are with current techs that you ask for a-bombs and stuff
If i were you, i would not make that kind of comment :stare:

I hope that people doesn't react badly in my comments, i dislike flamewars.

BP
vandervart
New user

Post by vandervart »

Good idea but need a hard work devlopment^^ by vandrvart[BDC] member of the black dragon clan ( BDC]
3drts
Trained
Trained

Post by 3drts »

Remember, this guy thinks his English is pretty good......
This is one of the best "gems" of his writing I have seen:
motherboards so is a plate on space
ummm.... wow.... I think he wants Motherships to serve as a base in space, but that is not clear
A plate on space???? what?
Is that like Russel's teapot ("between the Earth and Mars there is a china teapot revolving about the sun in an elliptical orbit, nobody would be able to disprove my assertion provided I were careful to add that the teapot is too small to be revealed even by our most powerful telescopes")
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell's_teapot

Motherboards???? just the motherboards, not whole computers?
"so is a" in this context, this combination of words is semantically meaningless.

"Baze" ... all this time, and he hasn't noticed it is spelled baSe, not baZe

"Scape gun".... is Scape supposed to be a word? or are you just making up names?
I think my "Weklipo" gun would win in a fight against your "Scape" gun!

firsat plane should be space propulsion? what?
than machinegun viper wheels? "than" is used when one is making a comparison, like "this is better than that", "than" in this context is meaningless, it makes no sense.

So the first T4 unit is Space gun-Super-viper-Space propulsion instead of machinegun-viper-wheels?

T4-T7/8 -> T7 or T8 HOLY SH!!!!!!. Not adding one tech tier, but 4 or 5, thats more than doubling the research tree content?
I think T5 should be when space travel has FTL drives, and you leave the solar system with hyperspace Jumping.
T6 is when you invent time travel but realize you can only send information back in time, but not mass.
T7 is when you time travel back to the start, way back on land, but this time with all the tech up to that point unlocked.
First person to get the time travel tech, forces the game to go back to the start, when everyone has 2-4 trucks, but the first guy keeps the research he had, everyone else starts over.
T-8 is when you move your consciousness into the very fabric of space/hyperspace, and lose your physical body, and become pure energy.
I say we add a T-9, where as energy beings, you must compete to see how many souls you can get primitives to sacrifice to you, and how many you can get to worship you as god.
Each soul sacrificed counts for 10 worshippers, and instead of a power meter, you have a worship meter, and you use that to defend your worshippers, while killing those that worship the enemy energy being.

You must balance between having your people sacraficed to you for a temporary boost in power, or letting them thrive to continuously fill your worship power, ideally they capture those who worship the enemy god, and sacrafice those to you.

This is an Awesome idea, what should T 10 be?
Verin
Trained
Trained

Post by Verin »

My multiplayer name is Verin
Usually in ideas and suggestions.
I Am also an ASE certified technician.