Tracer bullets

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Fire Truck
Rookie
Rookie

Tracer bullets

Post by Fire Truck »

I can never tell if i'm hitting something with a machine gun...
KenAlcock
Trained
Trained

Re: Tracer bullets

Post by KenAlcock »

That's a pretty good idea. If the devs ever implement this idea, I would suggest using a combat mix. What is that you ask? A combat mix, is where about 1 out of every 5 rounds in an ammunition: belt, clip, or magazine is a tracer round, while the remaining rounds are the normal variety. Only the tracer rounds glow. Regular ammunition has better ballistics, since all of the cartridge space can be devoted to housing gun power and the projectile. In a tracer round, some of the cartridge space is allocated for the chemical affixed to the end of the projectile that burns really bright and provides the tracer with its glow effect as it passes through the air.
My game handle is Cosmic Raven or Cosmic Raven 68
Fire Truck
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Fire Truck »

That would be hard to implement
Saberuneko
Regular
Regular

Post by Saberuneko »

Fire Truck wrote:I can never tell if i'm hitting something with a machine gun...
Hold right click over what you are firing to... the life bar will appear.

EDIT: Wait... I can see the bullets... Just zoom and look close.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Erm, the current machinegun bullets are tracer bullets, and they're already used in a combat mix... Why do you think you hear a lot more than you see?
Tenoh
Trained
Trained

Post by Tenoh »

then make them easier to see pls. oh and about the missiles.sick of the fire drop,make it look like a real bloody missile!
"No, you don't want to buy this Sh[beep]t from me. It shoots sideways, it was built by retard zombies in some f[beep]king outreach program." HL:G
KenAlcock
Trained
Trained

Post by KenAlcock »

Zarel wrote:Erm, the current machinegun bullets are tracer bullets, and they're already used in a combat mix... Why do you think you hear a lot more than you see?
Okay then, can you make the tracer rounds just a little brighter please? Below is a link to what would most likely be classified in Warzone as an Assault Gun firing tracer rounds. A Machine Gunner Cyborg's tracer streaks should be smaller by comparison but they should still be just as bright color wise.

Link to a flash video showing daytime tracer fire.

NOTE: Let the video progress and you will see daytime fire as well.
My game handle is Cosmic Raven or Cosmic Raven 68
dannystrube

Post by dannystrube »

yeah, i think you should make em brighter too, you barely can see hem, especially on grey ground like when you play citty maps, the grey covers the other grey from the bullets (no rlly.....lol) oh and kenalcock: those are .30 cal front and back tracer rounds from a gatling minigun, probably the Dillon Aero: M134 Gatling Gun mounted on a huey or black hawk, nasty things lol!
Kacen
Trained
Trained

Post by Kacen »

Zarel wrote:Erm, the current machinegun bullets are tracer bullets, and they're already used in a combat mix... Why do you think you hear a lot more than you see?
Hmm, there's something I've always thought but never said.

The machine guns fire too slowly, I would relegate it to tracers but the damage coincides with each "tracer" hit.

But yeah, the sounds make them sound faster than they are.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Kacen wrote:Hmm, there's something I've always thought but never said.

The machine guns fire too slowly, I would relegate it to tracers but the damage coincides with each "tracer" hit.

But yeah, the sounds make them sound faster than they are.
Well, yes, the damage does coincide with each tracer hit. But that's just because the damage is calculated weirdly. There really are many more non-tracer bullets being fired.
Assault Gunner
Trained
Trained

Post by Assault Gunner »

kenalcock wrote: Link to a flash video showing daytime tracer fire.

NOTE: Let the video progress and you will see daytime fire as well.
You mean like Red Dragon tracers? (Red Dragon is the nickname)
"There is no greater Void than the one between your ears." - Void Ray, StarCraft 2.
Especially the Void between the ears of people who think that No VTOL is a good idea, and won't lead to arty wars. I've won one, and I have to say: I hated it.
Michal
Trained
Trained

Post by Michal »

Yeah, they could be nice and flame-like, more like cheaper lasers :). I think especially assault gun would look cool that way, it has a nice sound, but lacks visual effect.
Assault Gunner
Trained
Trained

Post by Assault Gunner »

... Assault gun would look awesome!
"There is no greater Void than the one between your ears." - Void Ray, StarCraft 2.
Especially the Void between the ears of people who think that No VTOL is a good idea, and won't lead to arty wars. I've won one, and I have to say: I hated it.
dmkp
Trained
Trained

Post by dmkp »

Why would you need to see the rounds?
dannystrube

Post by dannystrube »

dmkp wrote:Why would you need to see the rounds?
sometimes the tanks shoot at the wall or at the hill that is between the enemy and you unit, so if you can see the bullets you know if you hit something or not, if you dont hit something, than you can move your unit until it hits the enemy, but for that you need to see the rounds