Transport mode skirmish

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Makary
Rookie
Rookie

Transport mode skirmish

Post by Makary »

What about this: all players starts with a base outside a map, 3 factories, 3 research facilities and 2 borg factories. On map, there is some numbers of userless landing zones. A player produces units and with transport ship deploys on the map. Player wins whenever he capture and secure all LZs.

Trucks cannot build anything except the defences, vtol pads or derricks.

What do you think?
KukY
Regular
Regular

Re: Transport mode skirmish

Post by KukY »

I don't like that idea. Maybe someone else does. If someone makes it, I'll try it, maybe it will be good...
Corporal Punishment
Trained
Trained

Post by Corporal Punishment »

I thought about this as well. It's similar to military training on brigade-level. The brigade is divided in two teams, which take preset initial positions. Both commanders are issued to conquer and hold a number of beacons. They are given the total number of beacons, what they are and positions of some, but not all, plus their starting positions contain at least one of them. These beacons can be crossroads, bridges, buildings, hills and the like. Winner is the team who controls all beacons at the same time. Of course, it is entirely legal to repeatedly capture a beacon from the opposing team. There is a deadline, and if that is exceeded, the team which controls more beacons is declared winner. This might be pretty cool.
Qui desiderat pacem bellum praeparat
Flavius Vegetius Renatus, De re militari
Makary
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Makary »

Corporal Punishment wrote:I thought about this as well. It's similar to military training on brigade-level. The brigade is divided in two teams, which take preset initial positions. Both commanders are issued to conquer and hold a number of beacons. They are given the total number of beacons, what they are and positions of some, but not all, plus their starting positions contain at least one of them. These beacons can be crossroads, bridges, buildings, hills and the like. Winner is the team who controls all beacons at the same time. Of course, it is entirely legal to repeatedly capture a beacon from the opposing team. There is a deadline, and if that is exceeded, the team which controls more beacons is declared winner. This might be pretty cool.
Yeah, that "capture mode" might be cool. Naah, I've noticed that my proposal is similiar to Ground Control game. But with difference. GC doesn't have resources(only the Vitory points for controlling the Victory locations and landing zones wich they can be exchanged to units), Transport was upgrade ably, and unit have different armor depending on side (more on front, less on back)
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

I think it would be cool to have a "Protect the transport" mode, where one player has multiple small bases with AA defenses and light ground defenses, across a preset path, and this path has scattered LZs along it. The other player has a transport (which he can't load units one, it's a transport loaded with population or something), which he must move across the map LZ from LZ until the last LZ. There could be a "launch transport" button that orders the transport to go to the next LZ, and the transport can't be repaired. :rolleyes:
Corporal Punishment
Trained
Trained

Post by Corporal Punishment »

So the assignment will be to use a strike force o clear the transports path from enemy units?
Qui desiderat pacem bellum praeparat
Flavius Vegetius Renatus, De re militari
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

Corporal Punishment wrote:So the assignment will be to use a strike force o clear the transports path from enemy units?
Basically, would be, yes.