Ideas in the testing phase
These are ideas that have been implemented in trunk (or some experimental branch or patch ticket).
Scheduled for 3.1:
- gates - implemented by Per
- dedicated air-to-air weapons - worked on by Zarel
- ECM - implemented by Per, needs to be activated by mod
- Choose direction structures face when building themj -- implemented by Cyp
These are ideas that have been accepted as desirable, and are already being worked on by a developer.
- Research queue -
- naval units -
These are ideas that have been accepted as desirable, but nobody has started working on it yet. If you want to have a go at it, feel free!
- Designing structures the same way units are designed
- Choosing from mods on the game start screen [ideatorrent]
- Pausing, saving and loading multiplayer games.
- Send mods the same way maps are sent
- Spectator mode (ability of friends to watch the game without playing)
- Mod manager (an unofficial mod manager is available)
- Improved visibility model that does not leak information (eg oil wells disappear when built on)
- In-game tech tree
- Details on technologies in the Research screen [ideatorrent]
These are ideas that have been discussed several times before, and always ended up being rejected. Please do not bring them up again (unless you are prepared to do all the work yourself, and even then we might not include it).
- Rewriting Warzone in another game engine.
Too much work; not worth it.
- Limited ammo for all units.
This would add too much micromanagement to the game. It is a fast paced action game, not a war simulation.
- Remove time limit from campaign
Sorry, that would be a totally different campaign. It is built around this concept as a fundamental limitation for the player. We are not going to fundamentally redesign the original campaign. People are free to create new campaigns without the time limit.
These are ideas that haven't been rejected outright, but remain unimplemented for some reason.
- Playable scavengers - This would cause major changes to game balance, so this is best done as a mod.
- Experience for defensive structures - would open up a can of worms relating to how to recycle the experience, etc.