warzone 2100 publicity

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
KukY
Regular
Regular

Re: warzone 2100 publicity

Post by KukY »

j0shdrunk0nwar wrote:Though we should see how 3.0 will run on low-end systems
Really bad.
j0shdrunk0nwar wrote:First sentence seems to be merging with the white background.
I intended that.
j0shdrunk0nwar wrote:No mention of "Warzone2100"? How are people to know what we are talking about? :(
The logo, and it will link to WZ homepage.
j0shdrunk0nwar wrote:A mention in the wiki maybe? :hmm:
Could be useful.
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

KukY wrote:
j0shdrunk0nwar wrote: Though we should see how 3.0 will run on low-end systems
Really bad.
Well, trunk (enhanced graphics version) is giving me problems now, because I got no graphics card, running on integrated intel graphics chipset. Looks like it may be time to upgrade. :hmm:

KukY wrote:
j0shdrunk0nwar wrote:No mention of "Warzone2100"? How are people to know what we are talking about? :(
The logo, and it will link to WZ homepage.
Yeah, that will work well, if the member is aware of it and doesn't forget to link it.
Last edited by JDW on 28 Jul 2010, 00:05, edited 1 time in total.
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

j0shdrunk0nwar wrote:Well, trunk (enhanced graphics version) is giving me problems now, because I got no graphics card, running on integrated intel graphics chipset. Looks like it may be time to upgrade. :hmm:
It is.

Just one image I wanted to post:
:D I love this one. :D
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

j0shdrunk0nwar wrote:Well, trunk (enhanced graphics version) is giving me problems now, because I got no graphics card, running on integrated intel graphics chipset. Looks like it may be time to upgrade. :hmm:
Have you tried updating your graphics driver?
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

Zarel wrote:Have you tried updating your graphics driver?
Did you read that he has Intel integrated GFX? With that, I don't believe driver updates will help.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

KukY wrote:Did you read that he has Intel integrated GFX? With that, I don't believe driver updates will help.
Yes, I did, which is why it's likely that driver updates will help.

Please stop saying bad things about Intel integrated graphics. They were bad three years ago. They're fine now. Of the Intel integrated graphics cards currently being used in computers right now, the majority can handle Warzone just fine.

Here is a list of common Intel integrated graphics cards, in order from oldest to newest:

Intel GMA 900 - too old
Intel GMA 950 - borderline for trunk (runs slowly on Mac OS X and Linux, doesn't run on Windows)
Intel GMA X3100 - runs trunk fine (I've used it)
Intel GMA 4500MHD - runs trunk fine
Intel GMA 500 - runs trunk fine
Intel HD Graphics - runs trunk fine

Out of these, the most common graphics cards currently being used are the GMA X3100 and GMA 4500MHD. I'd estimate around 85% of all people with Intel graphics cards can run trunk just fine. By telling everyone "Intel graphics don't work with 3.0", a lot of people with a graphics card good enough for Warzone might not even try it, and I don't want that to happen.
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

KukY wrote:
Zarel wrote:Have you tried updating your graphics driver?
Did you read that he has Intel integrated GFX? With that, I don't believe driver updates will help.
They are up-to-date. KukY's right though. However, 2.3.2 works well.

EDIT: There may be a problem with the driver itself on linux http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/20094

Maybe someone running Windows could share their experience.
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

nukes.zip
PSD
(1.54 MiB) Downloaded 673 times
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Intel GMA 500 - runs trunk fine
(just don't forget that it's not supported in linux; the only existing psb driver is crap and gives 2fps even in the menu)
coolkid
Trained
Trained

Post by coolkid »

Guys I just wanted to tell you that I will be starting school at a University and is in the process of Job searching. These things have already taking a great deal of my free time spend promoting warzone/ informing sites of new releases. Now this by no means that i wont continue to update websites and spread the good word, it just will mean that i wont be able to keep up at the same pace.(you might have noticed that a lot of places that usually have the latest news and dl's have been out of date lately)

But I have been extremely happy that many others have help to promote in ever more creative and efficient ways. So like always keep up the good work.

p.s. since I my free time is quickly dwindling I would like help on certain things, mainly atm the warzone steam group anyone wishing to be admin either leave a comment on the group or contact me some other way.
the largest wz steam community http://steamcommunity.com/groups/wz2100 (all welcome to join help find matches find new relese and recruit new players)
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

Surfing russian wz sites there are always a link to official site, but I had never saw a banner. I see a few fun-made banners here, but its not quit for advertisement. May I advice banners makers to do a micro-sized (Micro Bar - 88 x 31 pixel)one, that would fit on every site.
Btw I've visited most pop wz site & no one don't use any banners. I would love to use them on my site, if they were not too long. Most pop place for them is right or left column side of the page.
Last edited by Terminator on 24 Aug 2010, 01:26, edited 2 times in total.
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Attached: a banner-like thing that I originally made for the Facebook group.
Attachments
newlogo.png
newlogo.png (193.42 KiB) Viewed 26043 times
Claydoe
Trained
Trained

Post by Claydoe »

coolkid wrote:Guys I just wanted to tell you that I will be starting school at a University and is in the process of Job searching. These things have already taking a great deal of my free time spend promoting warzone/ informing sites of new releases. Now this by no means that i wont continue to update websites and spread the good word, it just will mean that i wont be able to keep up at the same pace.(you might have noticed that a lot of places that usually have the latest news and dl's have been out of date lately)

But I have been extremely happy that many others have help to promote in ever more creative and efficient ways. So like always keep up the good work.

p.s. since I my free time is quickly dwindling I would like help on certain things, mainly atm the warzone steam group anyone wishing to be admin either leave a comment on the group or contact me some other way.
Lol! I am quite the opposite.... I recently graduated from college and now looking for a full time job, my own place, etc.... :lol2:
I would also love to help in the steam group, buuut..... Unfortunately, awhile back my hard drive started crapping out so I had to transfer everything over to a new one, causing steam not to work anymore..... :( Plus, I REALLY don't wanna have to install it again along with all my games..... :P Best of luck anyways!
Terminator wrote:Surfing russian wz sites there are always a link to official site, but I had never saw a banner. I see a few fun-made banners here, but its not quit for advertisement. May I advice banners makers to do a micro-sized (Micro Bar - 88 x 31 pixel)one, that would fit on every site.
Btw I've visited most pop wz site & no one don't use any banners. I would love to use them on my site, if they were not too long. Most pop place for them is right or left column side of the page.
You mean affiliates banners? Hmm good idea.... :hmm: :)
Design - Deploy - Destroy
coolkid
Trained
Trained

Post by coolkid »

Claydoe if you ever get back into steam just let me know and I will hook you up.

I can already see many site that i kept up having outdated version. :( That auto-updater would partially remedy these extra man hours required to do this and make it easier for the players :D
the largest wz steam community http://steamcommunity.com/groups/wz2100 (all welcome to join help find matches find new relese and recruit new players)
kelleroid
New user

Post by kelleroid »

Ok, I admit I'm a complete stranger. A complete newbie. Random bystander. You don't know me at all.
But I just love WZ for it's strategic depth.

With a little help of someone who made a header for this website (blatant copy-paste), I made a Firefox browser skin.
You choose whether to wear it or not.

You can find it easily on here. It is the ONLY wz2100 skin to date.
I am not completely sure if that counts as a contribution, feel free to delete this post to make me silent again. :|