Is there a proper updater?

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Nexus Darkshade
Greenhorn

Is there a proper updater?

Post by Nexus Darkshade »

I've been playing WZ for many years now (Windows) and I was wondering if there was a way to update the game without having to install a new version separately and moving save info over.
pastdue
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Re: Is there a proper updater?

Post by pastdue »

If you are running Windows 10+, you can install it from the Microsoft Store, which will automatically update: https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9MW0Z4MPCS8C

Plans are being made to use a consistent config directory for stable builds, which would mean saves and configuration would be carried forward automatically in the future.
Night_0wl
Greenhorn

Post by Night_0wl »

pastdue wrote: 30 Aug 2021, 02:42

Plans are being made to use a consistent config directory for stable builds, which would mean saves and configuration would be carried forward automatically in the future.
Any updates on this? I'm browsing the windows apps folder and am unable to locate my savegames and mp maps folder. Nothing on the wiki or in the search either.

edit: found it! C:\Users\"Yournamehere"\AppData\Local\Packages\48148WZ2100Project.Warzone2100forWindows_qsk72963svc8a\LocalState\Warzone 2100 Project\Warzone 2100

That was a mouthful. Don't mean to be nitpicky, but is there a way this could eventually move into the games folder C:\Users\"Yournamehere"\Documents\My Games\Warzone 2100. MSFS 2020 seems to do it so I think there is a structure in place for that. That would be my suggestion anyway.

Anywho, happy new year!
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

Any updates on this? I'm browsing the windows apps folder and am unable to locate my savegames and mp maps folder. Nothing on the wiki or in the search either.
It's implemented since 4.2.0-beta1: https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2100/pull/2248.
Maitreyarck
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Maitreyarck »

If I understand correctly, the next update, invites modders to create content? If so, it would be interesting to see again mods that can improve the game and help the devs.