Suggestion: Remove the "stop with the silly ideas & suggestions" thread

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
aliswe
Trained
Trained

Suggestion: Remove the "stop with the silly ideas & suggestions" thread

Post by aliswe »

Hello,

Please, can we remove the "Stop with the silly ideas & suggestions" thread as it strikes me as condescending and very cynical. I don't know the background of why it was posted, but there's not many suggestions and ideas AT ALL being posted these days, and I bet this message is partly to blame.

For the record, just saying that I really wish for this grumpy, boring, top-down tone of the community to go away.

Just because the game is post-nuclear doesn't mean we need to be!!! :lol2:
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Re: Suggestion: Remove the "stop with the silly ideas & suggestions" thread

Post by Cyp »

At least it doesn't say “WE DON'T ACCEPT PULL REQUESTS” on GitHub in caps like it used to (maybe with some note about preferring Trac tickets with patches attached for some reason I didn't really understand).
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

I remember it being relevant at the time it was made, but I agree that anyone new to the forum would be turned off by it at this point. Also, the people who were spamming silly requests and then getting upset because no one was acknowledging their contribution are no longer active, so I think it should be safe to take it down.
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
aliswe
Trained
Trained

Post by aliswe »

I believe people should be allowed to be silly and discuss silly things. The problem is that people who are far too busy already occupy themselves with what they don't enjoy. (community moderating) so other people should helm that role IMO. And if it's a spitballing thread that's super silly (like making an FPS out of wz with lootboxes etc) then so be it, live and let live. Just my 2 cents...