Design mode

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
LezzoMazonn
Greenhorn

Design mode

Post by LezzoMazonn »

Is it possible to have different buttons for different weapon types?
Instead of having all the weapons under the turret menu, maybe have another line of buttons with MGs, Cannons, Rockets, Artillery... not every kind of weapons, just the major ones.
WZ2100ModsFAn
Trained
Trained

Re: Design mode

Post by WZ2100ModsFAn »

The weapons are organized in ABC order.
They should be orginized in weapon type order.
Howitzer
Ground Shaker
Hellstorm
Then they would be less confused but the game's code is preventing that order on json files.
Or maybe we can add specific buttons for these weapons.
LezzoMazonn
Greenhorn

Post by LezzoMazonn »

Yes, that's exactly what i meant!
Because let's be honest, i love this game, i play since i was a kid with the ps1 demo, but the design menu, even more during multiplayer or skyrmish since you cannot pause the game, could use some cleaning
aliswe
Trained
Trained

Post by aliswe »

Can you give some concept sketches? Not really experienced in the game so I don't really know what to think about the suggestion ...
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Actually this makes sense as the weapons are already internally grouped into types, i.e. anti-personnel (mg, lasers), all-round(cannons, railguns), anti-vehicle (rockets, missiles), artillery, incendiary and anti-air. That would also make it clear to people that i.e. MRA is not an anti-tank weapon
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-