Warzone 2100 wish list - all can contribute_part 2

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Petykemano
New user

Re: Warzone 2100 wish list - all can contribute_part 2

Post by Petykemano »

Make tracked tanks able to turn around itselves.
EvilGuru
Regular
Regular

Post by EvilGuru »

qwerty800 wrote: What i think is (I remembered it, Thanks NucNut ;D) to, when the player loop his production, drain the needed enengy at this moment.
For exemple:
I have 1300 units of power.
I need to build 3 Vipers Wheels Heavymachinegun.
Normally, it would take me only the (uh....) 300 pwr needed for the first viper, then, when this one were finished, it take 300 more units of power, then again.
If we follow my suggestion, it would take 900 power the first time only.

Following this system, this annoying moment when-we-realize-we-don't-have-any-remaining-power-because-we-forgot-it-were-3-vipers-in-construction-before-to-start-a-new-research would never happen again.

Note: If someone could reformulate my idea, I forgot my grammar :-[.
Taking power only when it is needed is by far the best option. Imagine try paying for not just your next car, but your net three or four cars right now.

Liquid assets are vastly superior to a current asset. That is why most companies have trade accounts, so they pay *after* (normally 30-days) they buy. It works out a lot better that way.

Regards, Freddie.
doom3r
Regular
Regular

Post by doom3r »

Make tracked tanks able to turn around itselves.
I agree, nice idea. That would made tracks more realistic, and give tracks another advantage - other than health points and resistance.
Rider
Trained
Trained

Post by Rider »

Also it would prevent your units from missing 'the mark' when ordering them to specific locations.

Oh yeah... I would love to see some proper movement for units. I hate it when I assign a few units their 'positions' and other units keep bouncing them off their square... or when I order a group to a particular spot, they end up this big unorganized lot roughly in the vicinity of their destination.

Maybe add formations??

Edit: Just thought of something else that'd probably be really easy to implement (if it isn't in there already): Toggling friendly and hostile health bars  between "always show" and "current method" to give more overview.
Last edited by Rider on 29 Mar 2008, 21:09, edited 1 time in total.
Hectichermit
Greenhorn

Post by Hectichermit »

Well how bout some more terrain types, yes I know that warzone is based on a post apocolyptic nukeiler holocaust but Hey why not create a campagin that takes place on another planet..I mean you would think that we would a least have made it to Mars or something by 2100,lol Warzone 2100 The Martain Campagin...
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Just wondering, is it better to say XXX was done, (your wish has been granted ) or just leave it as a surprise?
and it ends here.
madman
Greenhorn

Post by madman »

I would love co-op campaign. Not two colours but, two people controlling one colour. So if you have trouble in a mission, you can bring in a buddy to help share the load.
Deus Siddis
Trained
Trained

Post by Deus Siddis »

madman wrote: So if you have trouble in a mission, you can bring in a buddy to help share the load. . .share the load. . .
GET AWAY! The Project is MINE and MINE ALONE!
psychopompos
Trained
Trained

Post by psychopompos »

would adding system/turret kill and movement kill to gameplay be interesting/popular?

say you hit a tank with a few bombs or arty rounds, this would kill the turret but not kill the tank, so it would then have to go get fixed to fire again.
or you shoot the side of it with a heavy weapon, it would kill the propulsion but leave it still able to fire.

like what happens to real tanks.
MOTHERBOARD - MSI P7N PLATINUM¦-¦PROCESSOR - C2D E7300 @ 4.00GHZ
MEMORY - 4 Gig (2x2gig) ddr2 1066mhz¦-¦OPERATING SYSTEM - WINDOWS 7 (ULT)
GRAPHICS - BFG GTX 260 OCX (requires ForceWare drivers for good openGL)
ratarf
Trained
Trained

Post by ratarf »

Maybe these suggestions was mentioned earlier but anyway, some suggestions about turrets:
- Make turrets gain xp like units. When you demolish a turret, the xp gets recycled like with tanks.
- Make turrents designable like units, so you can put a flamer on a hardpoint if you wish - and you don't have 20 hardpoints and 20 bunkers and 20 emplacements  in your research tree that you don't use.
- Make turrets selectable so you can select a target to shoot at. I've had situations where a turret of mine was shooting at a factory that was being repaired by a few trucks. If I could control the turret, I would make it kill the trucks first

They're just ideas, probably they would fit better in a mod.
qwerty800
Trained
Trained

Post by qwerty800 »

psychopompos wrote: would adding system/turret kill and movement kill to gameplay be interesting/popular?

say you hit a tank with a few bombs or arty rounds, this would kill the turret but not kill the tank, so it would then have to go get fixed to fire again.
or you shoot the side of it with a heavy weapon, it would kill the propulsion but leave it still able to fire.

Interessing
ratarf wrote: - Make turrets gain xp like units.
Hey! You stole my idea! >:(

Seriously, I agree with you, especially with the selectable turrets.

And the mobile repair turrets AI should be reviewed
Last edited by qwerty800 on 06 Apr 2008, 19:45, edited 1 time in total.
~~If someone asks you to sudo rm -rf anything don't do it.~~
[url=http://youtube.com/watch?v=ks-N4rI_1RU&feature=related]
This Guy for PRESID
gnou
Trained
Trained

Post by gnou »

I 'm against Fuzion & Turret Xp recycle,
for balance reasons.
Fuzion don't have sense...  :o
WZ offer suffisant strategical possibility.

About cyborg.
They can have their place if they are:
- more difficult to be aimed, represent capacity to use the ground as protection (smallest collision box)
- impossibility to be detected by radar (small metal mass) => so...
- impossibiliy to be aimed by weapons that need radar acquisition (like AT missile, rockets pod...etc)

With this,
cyborgs will have "advantage" against canon, missile, rocket...
but MG, flamer & artillery would be very efficent against them.
This make better sense, isn't it ?
shishkebab
Trained
Trained

Post by shishkebab »

psychopompos wrote: would adding system/turret kill and movement kill to gameplay be interesting/popular?

I like your idea, but it sound hard to implement.
ratarf wrote: - Make turrents designable like units, so you can put a flamer on a hardpoint if you wish - and you don't have 20 hardpoints and 20 bunkers and 20 emplacements  in your research tree that you don't use.
- Make turrets selectable so you can select a target to shoot at. I've had situations where a turret of mine was shooting at a factory that was being repaired by a few trucks. If I could control the turret, I would make it kill the trucks first
I hate how turrets are so stupid like that! You should be able to aim them, like a laser sat command post, but the rest of the time they are on autopilot like normal. I also have that problem with the unused hardpoints, like AA hardpoints, but get rid of those and then you don't have to research as much.
Verminus
Trained
Trained

Post by Verminus »

Aside from whatever difficulties there may be in coding such behavior, it would require re-balancing of every weapon, unit and building, as it could easily make every tank either too fragile or to hard to kill.
Rider
Trained
Trained

Post by Rider »

I just thought of something else (something minor) that I'd love to see in Warzone soon. The ability to select other factions units/structures to see their health. It's a lot easier then holding down the right control all the time with the risk of de-selecting your units when you don't let go before the enemy unit dies.