Warzone 2100 wish list - all can contribute_part 2

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
DT-170x
Greenhorn

Re: Warzone 2100 wish list - all can contribute_part 2

Post by DT-170x »

What about Nations with their own special ability and Techs.

I think that would be cool in Warzone 2100
coolkid
Trained
Trained

Post by coolkid »

sounds cool but i think it should be a mod or a patch you could chose between also sounds like generals with the subfaction or redalert 2 ware it started with a single unit or building change like usa paratroopers, Libya suicide trucks, and the Grand Cannon :D
the largest wz steam community http://steamcommunity.com/groups/wz2100 (all welcome to join help find matches find new relese and recruit new players)
coolkid
Trained
Trained

Post by coolkid »

@ Troman what are you talking about we are all slaves to nexus no matter are allegiance collective new paradigm certain scavengers or disgruntled project members O_O

but really it dont have to be done tomorrow but it would be nice in the upcoming months, as at lest it can be used as a mod for now

...............until a new version comes out :)
the largest wz steam community http://steamcommunity.com/groups/wz2100 (all welcome to join help find matches find new relese and recruit new players)
Troman
Trained
Trained

Post by Troman »

coolkid wrote:@ Troman what are you talking about we are all slaves to nexus no matter are allegiance collective new paradigm certain scavengers or disgruntled project members O_O
If this includes disappointed feature requesters then nexus has us all indeed. xD
coolkid wrote: but really it dont have to be done tomorrow but it would be nice in the upcoming months, as at lest it can be used as a mod for now

...............until a new version comes out :)
Ok we will see.
Alpha93
Trained
Trained

Post by Alpha93 »

What about STOL fighters?...Seeing armies of"AV-8B Harrier" can be boring after some time
Xfire-->chris37killer
Spyker
Greenhorn

Post by Spyker »

I'm not sure how useful it would be but what about a VTOL reaming pad turret?
ratarf
Trained
Trained

Post by ratarf »

It would be nice if you're able to show the map size and tileset in somewhere in the map selection screen.
Spyker
Greenhorn

Post by Spyker »

ratarf wrote:It would be nice if you're able to show the map size and tileset in somewhere in the map selection screen.
Yes and also have a map preview box that is always there, as I'm constantly having to reselect the same map to get a proper look at it for a few short seconds :mad;
ratarf
Trained
Trained

Post by ratarf »

Exactly! When we're starting a LAN game, and we're discussing our tactics on forehand, I have to click that button over and over again :D The preview should stay there until you click the mouse.
elio
Regular
Regular

Post by elio »

ratarf wrote:Exactly! When we're starting a LAN game, and we're discussing our tactics on forehand, I have to click that button over and over again :D The preview should stay there until you click the mouse.
unfortunately the gui code (graphical user interface) is evil and messy. there's a rewrite in progress which will take care on this issue
see this post viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1784
Alpha93
Trained
Trained

Post by Alpha93 »

Spyker wrote:I'm not sure how useful it would be but what about a VTOL reaming pad turret?
It would be nice to see VTOLs that refuels and rearms in flight.
Xfire-->chris37killer
Pitman360
Greenhorn

Post by Pitman360 »

There are eleven pages and I can't be bothered to read them all so if this idea has already been suggested I apologise.
As far as I know there is no way to save locations on the map with the ability to return to the positions quickly. I propose ctrl+F2-4 as key combinations for saving a position on the map and alt+F1-F4 to return to a previously saved position on the map (alt+F1 always being your Command post). I and other players like myself that tend to quickly advance around the map would surely appreciate this change.
MetalBeast
Trained
Trained

Post by MetalBeast »

My ides/wishes for the feature:
========================
- possibillity to deactivate Laser-Satelite for skirmisch and multiplayer games, in buildings-limit menu (as you already did for the global-radar)
- possibility for setup, up to 10 research-facilities in buildings-limit menu.
- "units-zoom" for user-interface, cause with biggger screen-resolutions, it is not possible to idetify the units by their shape anymore, they look like some colored blots. ;)
- customizable UI (break the "5 unites per page" limit)
- customizabe reasearch-tree (which building can still be build, even if newer version is av.)
atdsutm
Greenhorn

Post by atdsutm »

i hope they put the nexus heavy cannon at the last mission in multiplayer.
fisk0
Trained
Trained

Post by fisk0 »

I'd like sensors that you could link to each other. Say you set up VTOL strike sensors to the north, south, east and west of your base, and then you link the 4 sensors together and and VTOL's you've assigned to any of the sensors responds to whatever threats any of the sensors see. You could also have the ability to link a mobile sensor to a sensor building, and have any VTOL's or artillery units assigned to the sensor building attack a target the mobile sensor has picked out.

And, here's a wish I posted in another thread before I realized it might fit better in this thread:
fisk0 wrote:I don't know if this has been proposed already, I tried searching the forum for similar suggestions but couldn't find any.
How about making the playlist somewhat "dynamic", like in Total Annihilation?
Now it seems there are only two categories, [menu] and [game], what if you added subcategories to [game] (I don't know exactly how, but perhaps in a css kind of way?),
something like
[game]
path=.
shuffle=yes
game.construction { "wz-beginning.ogg", "wz-construction.ogg"; }
(played in neutral situations, like early on in the game when you're mainly constructing and exploring and haven't met any enemies yet)
game.conflict { "wz-battle.ogg", "wz-war.ogg", "wz-armies.ogg"; } (played when your sensors discover enemies, when your forces and enemy forces start exchanging rockets, or when your allies are under attack)
game.defeat { "wz-retreat.ogg", "wz-defeat.ogg"; } (played when you're losing massive amounts of units, defensive structures and such)
game.victory { "wz-victorious.ogg"; } (played when you kill massive amounts of enemy forces, when you destroy their buildings etc.)

there could be a choise in the audio options menu on how the game should read the playlists, either "shuffle/play all", to disregard any categories and play through anything in the [menu] and [game] lists, some choise to play based on the main categories, like now, and a selection for playing dynamic music.
I guess there should be a time limit so that the music doesn't change constantly, and also category priorities, so the battle music doesn't end abrubtly when a small battle ends, perhaps a minimum of 1 minute play per song, battle music could be set to play to the end of the song before changing to the neutral/construction category and such.
Desktop: AMD Athlon X3 440 3.0ghz, 4GB RAM, Radeon HD4200, Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Laptop: AMD Athlon X2 QL-64 2.1Ghz, 3GB RAM, Radeon HD3200, Windows Vista Home Basic 32-bit & Ubuntu 9.04 64-bit