Truck / Engineer merging

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Rommel
Trained
Trained

Truck / Engineer merging

Post by Rommel »

If trucks or engineers are working on the same build queue can they not automatically merge so that they don't get blocked when you are building with a lot of units?

They can merge because I use a little trick with tank traps to get 15 trucks to merge into one and build REALLY fast. This only happens in tight spaces and it would be cool if you could do it all the time without using tricks.
Moving back instead of forward
Seems to me absurd
~
Metallica - Eye of the beholder
anonim17465
Trained
Trained

Re: Truck / Engineer merging

Post by anonim17465 »

I don't think that it's a good idea. IRL for example, you can't select 100 cranes to build one building, because they will be a problem to each other. The same thing here. Don't select more, than 2-3 trucks for one task, that will help to utilise their abilities fully. If you want to spend 15 trucks on the same building - suffer the penalty :P
Rommel
Trained
Trained

Post by Rommel »

anonim17465 wrote:I don't think that it's a good idea. IRL for example, you can't select 100 cranes to build one building, because they will be a problem to each other. The same thing here. Don't select more, than 2-3 trucks for one task, that will help to utilise their abilities fully. If you want to spend 15 trucks on the same building - suffer the penalty :P
Certain situations it can be handy, especially for the quick building of defenses (can help against rush) and also fast spamming of arty. As I mentioned before, it is possible to do it now by creating long lines of tank traps - using this method has got me out of trouble a few times - you can build a groundshaker in like 3-4 seconds.
Last edited by Rommel on 20 Dec 2013, 18:04, edited 1 time in total.
Seems to me absurd
~
anonim17465
Trained
Trained

Post by anonim17465 »

use many tasks where to each task are assigned just two trucks.

Tank traps used to make gamps even narrower? that will slow them down even more...
Rommel
Trained
Trained

Post by Rommel »

anonim17465 wrote:use many tasks where to each task are assigned just two trucks.

Tank traps used to make gamps even narrower? that will slow them down even more...
Two lines of tank traps with a cap on the end - 1 square gap in the middle - move 15 trucks inside the channel and start building from the capped end. As the construction is done the trucks will merge into 1 square - it takes like about 4 structures for them all to merge but after that you have 3-4 second ripple rockets or GS
Seems to me absurd
~
anonim17465
Trained
Trained

Post by anonim17465 »

sneaky bug-user! we need to fix this strange behave :P
From other point of view, you spend more time(and money) on building that tank traps, so, consider it as a part of infrastructure.
technician
Rookie
Rookie

Post by technician »

Rommel wrote:
anonim17465 wrote:I don't think that it's a good idea. IRL for example, you can't select 100 cranes to build one building, because they will be a problem to each other. The same thing here. Don't select more, than 2-3 trucks for one task, that will help to utilise their abilities fully. If you want to spend 15 trucks on the same building - suffer the penalty :P
Certain situations it can be handy, especially for the quick building of defenses (can help against rush) and also fast spamming of arty. As I mentioned before, it is possible to do it now by creating long lines of tank traps - using this method has got me out of trouble a few times - you can build a groundshaker in like 3-4 seconds.
In that case, maybe decrease the time taken to build tank traps, so they can be an effective weapon to counter an enemy attack. 15 trucks on the same building doesn't sound like a good idea to me.
MrUnknown
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MrUnknown »

hmm... could be nice if this n00b (aka me) could know how to make this,let alone a uber.defence xD
w3 4r3 31337 h4x0rs
Hesterax
Trained
Trained

Post by Hesterax »

Rommel wrote:
anonim17465 wrote:use many tasks where to each task are assigned just two trucks.

Two lines of tank traps with a cap on the end - 1 square gap in the middle - move 15 trucks inside the channel and start building from the capped end. As the construction is done the trucks will merge into 1 square - it takes like about 4 structures for them all to merge but after that you have 3-4 second ripple rockets or GS
Used to be the same bug with VTOL's in 2.3.9 and probably other versions. :)
Holocaust and Genocide, both linked to Mass Slaughter.