List of known suggestions (check this first)

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
montetank
Regular
Regular

Re: List of known suggestions (check this first)

Post by montetank »

anonim17465 wrote:updated
Really? Show me your shortcuts to assign a new unit to your existing group. It is not possible.
ok-you can drive your new units to the existing groups- mark them and ok. The Question here is-when i assign a unit to a group, for example Ctrl +1 for group 1-all my earlier units in the group lost there command for group 1.
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
anonim17465
Trained
Trained

Post by anonim17465 »

It is not possible.
Yes, it's not possible yet. Under "updated" I just mean, that I've added this suggestion to the list...
Even if developers will like it, it will take couple of months before they will make new release...
And I'm not a developer, I'm just a normal person like you, who trying to make things easier by putting them together.
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

Sorry-anonim17465, my interpretation of your word "updated" was wrong. :stressed:
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
Hesterax
Trained
Trained

Post by Hesterax »

Just suggesting, I think that tornado towers should be moved down to the definitely not section. It's pretty much been closed down.
Holocaust and Genocide, both linked to Mass Slaughter.
anonim17465
Trained
Trained

Post by anonim17465 »

I'm not sure about who is who here, but as far as I know, forum moderators and game developers are, in genral, different people.
"definitely no" is for things, that has been anwered by developers themself (those people, who actually doing this game).
"most likely no" is for things, that nearly sure will not be implemented anyway...
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Post by Cyp »

Most likely no:
Changing name of the game to KittyZone 2100.
Definitely no:
Tornado towers.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

There was a thread that we have that had some stuff on it about ideas & suggestions, and.. well.. you don't see it anymore being a sticky.

Why ?

Simple, we have too many "say'ers", and not enough "do'ers".
That means, that the list of ideas got bigger and bigger, and well.. out of all the things listed, I can't think of one thing that was actually implemented by someone, that wasn't already planned by the devs. :(

We also had a try at a ideatorrent that failed as well, for basically the same reasons, and the fact that it was offsite.

People also didn't bother to read the list anyway, so, things kept being repeated anyway.

While I appreciate your efforts in trying to compile a list, it looks like pretty much everything listed is more like a wish list than anything else, and most of the stuff listed in 'Probably yes section' are all in the 'wish list' category as well... In fact, the stuff listed in 'Most likely yes section' are also firmly in the 'wish list' as well.

Not that there is anything wrong with a wish list, I am just trying to make things clear on what is going on, in that, pretty much everything listed should be filed under "wish list".

Cyp wrote:Most likely no:
Changing name of the game to KittyZone 2100.
Hey!
We already had a Kittyzone 2100 forum theme ready! :cry:
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
anonim17465
Trained
Trained

Post by anonim17465 »

Then solution is simple, let's make it easier to people to become "do'ers".
For example, is there any how-to about how to make suggestion real? Should it be done as a mod first?
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Try to find a way to implement it, try to implement it, discuss with developers if your implementation breaks anything or causes unwanted side effects, if something comes up try to find a less intrusive way to implement it. I don't think much more can be said for the general case.

For some ideas step 1 is already sort of well-discussed (map generator?), for other ideas even that much is far from obvious (scalable ui?).
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

anonim17465 wrote:
Then solution is simple, let's make it easier to people to become "do'ers".
For example, is there any how-to about how to make suggestion real? Should it be done as a mod first?
Doesn't anyone read the announcements ? :hmm: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11570

Now, after reading what is in that, and after reading what NoQ wrote, all we need is people power. :3

There is no quick fix for implementing these things...it is all done voluntary, and nobody is getting paid for any work being done on Warzone. The donations go directly to server costs, and that is it.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
Hesterax
Trained
Trained

Post by Hesterax »

I doubt that lots of people have the skill nor the time to contribute much to Warzone 2100.
Rommel
Trained
Trained

Post by Rommel »

vexed wrote: There is no quick fix for implementing these things...it is all done voluntary, and nobody is getting paid for any work being done on Warzone. The donations go directly to server costs, and that is it.
My skills are mainly with UI so there is not really much I can do until some kind of up to date UI system is implemented.
Moving back instead of forward
Seems to me absurd
~
Metallica - Eye of the beholder
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

I doubt that lots of people have the skill nor the time to contribute much to Warzone 2100.
Well it's not like two or three people in the world.
Most of the wz code is very simple, it's not even object-oriented.
Even a noob like me can do something.
Hesterax
Trained
Trained

Post by Hesterax »

NoQ wrote:
Well it's not like two or three people in the world.
Most of the wz code is very simple, it's not even object-oriented.
Even a noob like me can do something.
Well not a noob like me. :wink:
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

We all come into the world expert at only one thing - crying for mommy's lactating teat. In all else we are noobs till we want to do something or other bad enough to start doing it. At this stage we begin the journey out of noobydom and enter the the world of trying it out for size at which point you're either hooked or not, and if you are, hooked that is, the work itself becomes a tonic, makes you feel good in a way you wanna keep at it, keep it going, and something worthwhile almost always results. That's my theory, anyway. 8)