What are Nexus, NullBot, and Semperfi, and what do they do?

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
dragonflythecat
Rookie
Rookie

What are Nexus, NullBot, and Semperfi, and what do they do?

Post by dragonflythecat »

You boys have been doing so well, I haven't had to say anything for such a very long time - it's been months. Today is different – my builders stand around with their thumbs stuck up their asses most of the time if more than three builders are trying to work on the same item, they won't move to put themselves in a better position to build that item as they were ordered. Whether it is trucks of varied sizes or cyborgs, they act the same - they are slow! Now they won't get out of the way of tanks – they stand there and block the path. They used to be more aggressive in their movements and dedicated to get the job done. What happened? Is there a way to fix that quickly?

Other than that I like this version very much. I enjoy playing the ten player maps in Skirmish. That is why I am writing today – you made the Skirmish Section more accessible to the player by some very nice navigational mouse clicks. I thank you for that.

However, in doing so you've made the Skirmish aspect of the game more complex and difficult to play based on the number of installed AIs of Nexus, NullBot, and Semperfi, then to add insult to injury you have four difficulty options which don't actually mean what most players would consider. Easy, Medium, Hard, and Insane don't just mean that it will take more shots to kill the target, as it does in some games.

In Warzone 2100 those options mean that the AI takes on differentiating strategies in planning your downfall, I think or from what I could read on this site when I came out to look for answers to my question.

I need an article that explains these things so that the player can have an adequate chance of employing the correct strategy in deciding which options to use or not to use base upon the choice of map these options would be played on and it would be nice to have included in the next download - My personal wish list along with my builders, of course.

So the only information I could find on the site directed me to this page in the Wiki for Semperfi and this article by NoQ that explains the first and second versions of Nullbot and what Easy, Medium, Hard, and Insane refer to in the Tank Section, I was unable to find like information for Nexus.

http://developer.wz2100.net/wiki/semperfi

[3.1+] NullBot an adaptive skirmish AI.htm and [3.2+] NullBot 3 ‘Reloaded’ ~beta~.htm

I really like the way you can preview maps in Skirmish, it is easier to associated the maps name to the map. Inside it is easier to change color and position, it is nice to have that option available. Terrain is nice, colors and texture.

You're doing fine, just and few speed bumps, the story of your lives - fix the builders please.

Dragonflythecat
What is the incentive for war? Fewer oil rigs.
Originway
Trained
Trained

Re: What are Nexus, NullBot, and Semperfi, and what do they

Post by Originway »

dragonflythecat wrote:You boys have been doing so well, I haven't had to say anything for such a very long time - it's been months. Today is different – my builders stand around with their thumbs stuck up their asses most of the time if more than three builders are trying to work on the same item, they won't move to put themselves in a better position to build that item as they were ordered. Whether it is trucks of varied sizes or cyborgs, they act the same - they are slow! Now they won't get out of the way of tanks – they stand there and block the path. They used to be more aggressive in their movements and dedicated to get the job done. What happened? Is there a way to fix that quickly?
each release they have done has made path finding worse :(
I don't understand why they don't reverse the changes and make it go back like it was :?:
Other than that I like this version very much. I enjoy playing the ten player maps in Skirmish. That is why I am writing today – you made the Skirmish Section more accessible to the player by some very nice navigational mouse clicks. I thank you for that.

However, in doing so you've made the Skirmish aspect of the game more complex and difficult to play based on the number of installed AIs of Nexus, NullBot, and Semperfi, then to add insult to injury you have four difficulty options which don't actually mean what most players would consider. Easy, Medium, Hard, and Insane don't just mean that it will take more shots to kill the target, as it does in some games.

In Warzone 2100 those options mean that the AI takes on differentiating strategies in planning your downfall, I think or from what I could read on this site when I came out to look for answers to my question.
no the selections don't play any role in what the AI does that is random
I need an article that explains these things so that the player can have an adequate chance of employing the correct strategy in deciding which options to use or not to use base upon the choice of map these options would be played on and it would be nice to have included in the next download - My personal wish list along with my builders, of course.

So the only information I could find on the site directed me to this page in the Wiki for Semperfi and this article by NoQ that explains the first and second versions of Nullbot and what Easy, Medium, Hard, and Insane refer to in the Tank Section, I was unable to find like information for Nexus.

http://developer.wz2100.net/wiki/semperfi

[3.1+] NullBot an adaptive skirmish AI.htm and [3.2+] NullBot 3 ‘Reloaded’ ~beta~.htm

I really like the way you can preview maps in Skirmish, it is easier to associated the maps name to the map. Inside it is easier to change color and position, it is nice to have that option available. Terrain is nice, colors and texture.

You're doing fine, just and few speed bumps, the story of your lives - fix the builders please.

Dragonflythecat
they just need to reverse the changes for the path finding stuff so people don't have to micro manage every unit :!: